Anyone had a chance to try out the new Aeris Accel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh no, they will loosen up in the water a little. Interestingly I couldn't get a good fit using the silicone straps, they were either too tight or too sloppy. I found the SP nova bungee straps in medium to be a good fit when wearing size 6 5mm boots. Your XS scuba springs will fit the Accels but you need to use the other buckle that came with them. The Atomics use a small post but the Accels use a standard post. The "large" buckle that comes with the XS straps will definitely fit the Accels. Good luck, I hope it all works out, I feel a little responsible given my advice.

Oh no, they will loosen up in the water a little. Interestingly I couldn't get a good fit using the silicone straps, they were either too tight or too sloppy. I found the SP nova bungee straps in medium to be a good fit when wearing size 6 5mm boots. Your XS scuba springs will fit the Accels but you need to use the other buckle that came with them. The Atomics use a small post but the Accels use a standard post. The "large" buckle that comes with the XS straps will definitely fit the Accels. Good luck, I hope it all works out, I feel a little responsible given my advice.

Hi buddhasummer,

That's interesting info on the different size buckles for the XS straps - unfortunately, I don't recall that the LDS ever gave us the large buckles... at least we don't have them in our spare parts box (and we still have our original straps from the Atomic fins)...

Also good to know that the silicone straps will loosen up... I will definitely try to see if I can find the SP nova bungee straps somewhere...

Also, I really have appreciated all the information you have shared. It has been helpful for me and hopefully sharing my experience will be helpful to others as well!

Hi buddhasummer,

That's interesting info on the different size buckles for the XS straps - unfortunately, I don't recall that the LDS ever gave us the large buckles... at least we don't have them in our spare parts box (and we still have our original straps from the Atomic fins)...

Also good to know that the silicone straps will loosen up... I will definitely try to see if I can find the SP nova bungee straps somewhere...

Also, I really have appreciated all the information you have shared. It has been helpful for me and hopefully sharing my experience will be helpful to others as well!

I didn't mean the silicone strap will loosen up, although they may but probably not significantly, I meant once boots compress they will loosen up. Go back to the store where you bought the XS straps from as they do come with three different fittings included, small post buckle, large post buckle and pin style for Jets et al. They need to give them to you as you paid for them. If for what ever reason you have no joy let me know as I have the large post buckles I do not use so could send them to you. Here in Japan the Nova bungee straps are around $35 for the pair. Any Scubapro dealer should be able to order them for you.

PS You're welcome.

Last edited:
I didn't mean the silicone strap will loosen up, although they may but probably not significantly, I meant once boots compress they will loosen up. Go back to the store where you bought the XS straps from as they do come with three different fittings included, small post buckle, large post buckle and pin style for Jets et al. They need to give them to you as you paid for them. If for what ever reason you have no joy let me know as I have the large post buckles I do not use so could send them to you. Here in Japan the Nova bungee straps are around $35 for the pair. Any Scubapro dealer should be able to order them for you.

Actually I'm interested in Nova bungee straps. I an order it here, but I haven't seen the item personally. Wondering if this bungee strap can be adjusted? I look at the picture from Google, didn't really see the way we can adjust? And are they one with different sizes?

You can adjust them by removing cover unthreading bungee, cutting bungee and re threading. It's not too difficult I have done it. But of course you can only make them smaller not larger, it's a one way trip. They come in various sizes definitely small, medium, large and "maybe" extra large although I'm not positive on that.

---------- Post added May 27th, 2014 at 08:57 PM ----------

I'm at work but will post back later on actual measurements.

---------- Post added May 27th, 2014 at 10:30 PM ----------

They do come in XL.

Bungee sizes as follows:

S 24.5cm
M 25.5cm
L 26.5cm
XL 27.5cm

Hope this helps. Cheers.

---------- Post added May 27th, 2014 at 11:21 PM ----------

Just for clarity, the lengths I've posted are for length of bungee cord only and not post to post.

My mediums straps are 28.5cm from center of post to center of post i.e including buckle. So looks like +3cm for total length. If you measure string around your heel from post to post wearing fins and boots and deduct around 2-3cm this will give you a pretty good approximation of size strap you should buy.

Last edited:
Just me, as much as I like my Accel fins as a TRAVEL fin when I need lightweight, the key word being lightweight, I would never encumber them with spring straps. The provided straps are excellent as are the fins themselves. If I need spring straps, then I need my Jets or my Quattros, simple as that.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom