Anyone had issues with right strobe RX100VII in Nauticam?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozcharlie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Been having intermittent issues with right strobe under firing (or not at all) on RX100 VII in Nauticam housing. Don’t think it is strobe itself since when I reversed cables it became a left side problem. I actually switched out for new optical cable and have same issue. Also have a second RX100 VII camera and have identical issues (if not more frequent ).

I was wondering if internal camera flash might be weaker on right side or if issue is where flash goes through the housing. Flash on camera when in housing is at very bottom of holes going through housing for the optical port. Would have thought they would be at center of optical port holes but I don’t have any experience with other housings that use optical triggers (just would have thought if you want light to travel through a hole you would put the flash so it fires in center of the hole not the very bottom )

Any thoughts ?

Are you using single core or multi core cables? I had a very similar problem with a SeaFrogs housing and SeaFrogs strobes and solved it by going to multi core cables that have better light transmission.
You can also try getting a twin cable bushing to plug both cables into the socket that gets more light.

Are you using single core or multi core cables? I had a very similar problem with a SeaFrogs housing and SeaFrogs strobes and solved it by going to multi core cables that have better light transmission.
You can also try getting a twin cable bushing to plug both cables into the socket that gets more light.
Thanks for the response @Barmaglot

Using backscatter multi-core cable. Fairly expensive cable and as noted I have even tried a new cable and gotten same result. Will look at twin cable bushing, though splitting the light from one socket seems like it might cause more issues. Actually been playing with adjusting angle of flash within housing (just using some tape to pull back on the flash at angle it upwards through the holes--seemed to work for a while but then that started failing occasionally (maybe tape just stretched a little. Will keep experimenting

Back
Top Bottom