Anyone had negative experience with Neosport wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've been dealing with some issues at work lately and I've come to believe that "Made in America" labels should actually read, "Made in America Sort of".

Believe it or not, the cheap, TommyDSports wetsuit I bought three years ago is still holding together really well. No tears or seam problems. I have a Neosport 5mm fullsuit, but I've only worn it a couple of times, so I don't know if it will hold up. It isn't made of the super stretchy neoprene.

I have had several Neo's. A 5mm one piece jump and a FJ 5mm. So far no issues. I do however dive fresh water and they have not been in salt. As was stated, the outsourcing of materials is definitely having an impact on the quality on some items.

I have a 3 and a 7/7 FJ. Not exactly top-end, but I'm not complaining for what I paid. No major durability issues for me.

I have a NeoSport 7/5 jump suite. It has compressed to a 5/4 at best. The seams stated to tear, I did a DIY repair with some carpet thread and wetsuit glue. The neck is all frayed. It was a cheap suit and I got what I payed for. Not impressed.

I bought a Neosport 5mm shorty long sleeve. It has now almost 2 years and more than 60 dives, both salt and fresh water, also cold and warm water dives (I'm always cold). it's still like new. I've done my best to keep it away from direct sunlight, it's hanging in a protected closet in the dark, I rise it after each dive with plenty tap water and keep it hanging in the shadow until it's dry. No complain at all and a really good price for it.

You might also consider an actual Henderson suit instead of a Neosport. I think that Neosport is their "value" priced offering aimed at people who aren't ready or willing to make a larger financial commitment to diving. I have used Henderson suits on hundreds of dives (both working and pleasure dives) over the last 8 years and have no complaints.

One word: Wetwear......

Another recommendation for wetwear. Only wetsuit I will ever buy from now on. I replaced my 3mil pinnacle merino with a wetwear 3 mil. When my 5 mil dies will do the same unless I get a tropical.weight dry suit. Bill, if you do go wet wear get the cave/wreck model. They use rubatex and it does not compress like the cheap.stuff others use. And with the wrist/forearm and ankle/calf zippers you feel like a super hero putting it on and zipping up. Just wish I'd had them put my logo on the chest of mine.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom