anyone have questions about juicing ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a Vitamix because that's what I have - for like 30 years now, and it's still going strong - often you do get what you pay for.

Considered juicers a couple times, but I'd just as soon keep the pulp/fiber and not have another machine to store, not to mention the cleaning aspect

If you are able to eat two cucumber, three sticks of celery, a tomato, an apple, and several stalks of kale in one sitting, I think your belly is gonna be hurting.

I think you'd be surprised at what you can comfortably put into your stomach once it's blended. My routine is to freezer bag the fruit/veg portion of my breakfast smoothies and then just dump the frozen bag into the Vitamix to make a breakfast drink. Inside the bag is (roughly) 1.25 large banana, 2-3 whole collard leaves, 2-3 whole curly kale stalks, and 4-6 whole dino kale stalks. Added to that is 1.5 cups almond milk, about a tablespoon each of greek yogurt and almond or walnut butter, plus whatever else I feel like tossing in (ginger, chia seeds, etc).

It all reduces down to maybe 1.5-2 solo cups worth of liquid that's easy to drink before I head out and on the way to work. Though I have learned that it's heavy enough of a meal that going for a long run shortly after eating it is not wise.

Back
Top Bottom