Anyone in Eastern Kentucky??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the welcomes guys and gals
Its nice to get replys and feel welcome
I think im gona like it here LOL

I hope to get all my / our ducks in a row and posb meet up with some fokes
on a few dives ( posb with the kids )

Im lookin at that KY dive shop site now and thanks for that link

Thanks again
Patrick "Sparkz" Campbell
Southeastern Kentucky highlands

There use to be a shop near Carr Fork called Pogo's but it is closed now. I am not sure if they dove there or not. I only know about it because my family lives in Whitesburg I use to drive by it on my way to and from. You might check around that area and see if anyone is diving around there.

There is also Laural Lake too.

Chad

Sparkz...I used to live in Jackson...no dive shops anywhere close! The guy at Pogo's on Hwy 15 towards Hazard has been out of business for at least 15 years (still looks like he has some equipment in there though). I live in Manchester now, and dive with Diver's Den in Somerset. Dean is a good guy if you want to make the trip down to Somerset. Your other option is Lexington, which is probably a little closer drive time for you. Good luck with everything, and have a few White Flash burgers for me...man I miss those things!

Morgan

Hooked:
Sparkz...I used to live in Jackson...no dive shops anywhere close! The guy at Pogo's on Hwy 15 towards Hazard has been out of business for at least 15 years (still looks like he has some equipment in there though). I live in Manchester now, and dive with Diver's Den in Somerset. Dean is a good guy if you want to make the trip down to Somerset. Your other option is Lexington, which is probably a little closer drive time for you. Good luck with everything, and have a few White Flash burgers for me...man I miss those things!

Morgan
Morgan where have you been? The last time we dove you gave up a mask to Lake Cumberland Goddess.
Kenny

Sparkz:
hey all I in eastern kentucky and wanted to know if anyone is around the Hazard / Jackson Kentucky area? are there any good dive sites?

I and my family had moved here from NE Illinois about 5 years ago and I havent done much if any diveing for that time ( I hurt my back and that slowed me down so ) anyways I wanted to brush up and do a few close to home dives and get back going.
as well as get the kids (2) involved ( 8 & 14 years)

are there any PADI shops in the area?
that the kids can look in to and for my self to brush up?

Thankz all

Please advise

Sparkz Campbell
Hardshell, Kentucky

Im in Lexington Ky. We go to Mermet, Pennyroyal, and Joes Falling Rock Quarry. If you find some more places pls let me know. We cant really go on trips right now so any local places would be great to know of. :)

KROBI:
Morgan where have you been? The last time we dove you gave up a mask to Lake Cumberland Goddess.
Kenny

Hey Kenny!!
Been out of diving for the last year...I had a little girl, so my time was a little taken up! Actually, I have another baby due in September, but I am trying to get a lot of diving in before this one gets here!! I went to Turks and Caicos in February, going to Florida with Dean in April, going to Cozumel in May, then I am doing rescue with Dean when the lake warms up! Whenever you want to dive some weekend, drop me an e-mail at mshooker29@aol.com. I heard you got nitrox in Lexington...how was the class? Thinking about taking it after rescue. Talk to ya later!

Morgan

PS I got a new mask...and now I carry a backup! But I did drop my dive light getting back on the boat in T&C...another diver grabbed it for me! Maybe i just need to put my mom in my BC pocket so she can pick up after me and keep me from losing things!...lol

Its nice to see so many divers from KY.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom