Anyone in Mexico 5/2-5/6 ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwinter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, call me cheap. I'm going down to Puerto Aventuras with a bunch of guys, but I'm the only one who is cave certified. We'll do a couple of cenote dives, but I also wanted to do a cave dive. The problem is that I'm by myself. If I go with a guide, it's at least $150 for one dive. So I figure it would be better to hook up with a diver or 2 who are diving without the benefit and cost of a dive shop. Two questions:

1. Is anyone going to be in Riviera Maya sometime between 5/2 and 5/6 so maybe we can hook up for a dive?

2. Does anyone have a recommendation as to which cenote I could go to by myself and find divers that I could join?

Or am I just being stupid? But I can't see spending that much for one dive when I'm doing about 15 other dives over 4 days and already spending $500 on diving.

I don't think you will be able to just show up at a cenote and expect to join in on a cave dive with other divers and end up going on a dive. You would be taking a chance of losing a day of diving while waiting for someone to dive with.

Contact some of the shops or guides and just budget the fee into your trip. You may want to contact Pez Diablo (www.diablodivers.com) on this board since he is a guide in the area...I think.

I sent Kwinter some ideas on economical cave dives, he is intro certified. Hopefully he will be able to find someone and hook up ahead of time. Like Karen mentioned, the chances of just showing up and waiting to join with someone else is next to impossible.

Hopefully we will be able to get together for a beer or coffee at minimum.

Dennis

If you really want to enjoy your dive will cost you at least 100 usd.
Benefits: 1 You dont loose gas on searching for permanent guidlines
2 Any confusion inside the cave your guide will have a much better idea than you.
3 You dont need to rent a car
4 Will supply you with doubles and fills in a clean and safe air station.
5 Will save you a lot of time and nightmares in some particular caves

I will reccomend you to loock for Alejandro Alvarez from Acuatic Tulum, or also Sergio Grannuci from Labna ha. they are proffesionals, with good attitude (not gods), and very expirience and safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom