Anyone interested in a "Tweak"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey all...

Wish I could join you all this Saturday... but I am diving La Jolla SHores in SD... if the waves don't build too high, anyway LOL

I hope some of you can make it on Feb 3rd to dive at Lobos Rocks (or, at the rate the storms keep coming, it will likely be more local and more novice level). A couple of SB'ers are going on the Cypress Sea. We are hoping for Lobos Rocks, but may only make it to Carmel/Monterey, depending on conditions... see this thread , fi interested in more info... http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=173530

Hopefully the conditions will improve up there... I miss Monterey diving!

TSandM:
Actually, I think the term "tweek" came from Seattle, and was used to denote a midweek dive, whether training or otherwise. At least that's what I was told when I misspelled it.

The Tweaks started from the Tuesday (or was it Thursday) Tweaks from the San Diego guys... we adopted a practice session type tweak on Thursdays (me and Boomx5) would jump in the lake after work... Later Joe and gang kept the name...

Someone should get a giant slate and we make funny pictures underwater :).

Also, how long does that Point Lobos trip take? Don't know if I could make it...don't know if I could survive it. I'll find out next week on Saturday since I'm on a boat dive to Point Lobos :D.

Ben,
Thanks for the contact information. My brother thinks we should skip the dive the weekend, and stop by the moving/closing sale at California Dive Center. It appears that they're selling off gear at half price. If they have tanks, it may make more sense for me to get a high capacity tank, than to renew the hydro (and perhaps replace or rebuild the valve) on a Steel 72 I bought at a garage sale. I'd really like to get a screamin' deal on a PST E7 HP120.

Blade.
No tanks left last time i was there. I was there last week and got the last good set of Regs they had left. Computer's and everything high tech was all gone. Only thing they still had alot of was wet suits and some BCD's. Been there twice since 50% sale and it's pretty much stripped clean of most of the good stuff.

SAT
N WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT.
NW SWELL 6 TO 8 FT AT 10 SECONDS.

Hopefully the vis isn't bad... but then again we have reels :D

Ben_ca:
SAT
N WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT.
NW SWELL 6 TO 8 FT AT 10 SECONDS.

Hopefully the vis isn't bad... but then again we have reels :D

Hmmm, I find

SAT
N WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT.
NW SWELL 3 TO 7 FT AT 10 SECONDS.

The part that concerns me is the Saturday
air temperature forecast for Monterey:

Time/Temp / Feels like / wind

8am 35°F 30°F From E 6 mph

9am 40°F 36°F From E 5 mph

10am 45°F 43°F From ENE 4 mph

Gary

Okay, my GF wimped out, so her instructor, his GF and I said "whew, it was
going to be cold!" See you folks on another weekend.

Gary

drbill:
Ah, "I see" said the blind professor. Isn't every dive a tweak dive then?

I hope I didn't offend you there Dr.Bill but when I called you "Professor" I do mean it, not addressing in a silly matter but more of a respectful matter since thats what I'm trying to study for. :)

Ben, today Friday I was on Beach Hopper 2 and it is really REALLY REALLY COLD!!! I think I'm going to A) Pull out and B) Maybe go down and visit you in person, but diving and walking down the beach is somewhat out of the question. Vis wasn't bad today at the Pinnacle, I would say at least about 10 to 15 feet, but since you're in a drysuit, I think you'll be safe, but I'm wearing a wetsuit and a skin suit and somebody is going to have to carry me out of the water because I'll be turned into a huge ice block.

As for everybody, sorry to disappoint you, I guess we'll try again to meet up or I'll meet everybody on the Feb 3 Point Lobos trip.

Back
Top Bottom