Anyone know how to reach David Swain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is David doing? I sent him some books and a letter two weeks ago and haven't heard anything from him. I heard about the pre-trial. It seems he cant win for losing. Thanks for helping him.

Yes, I read the update. I see a lot of people putting in their 2 cents who don't even know David and I would like to defend him if I might. I have known David for over 20 years and know what a kind, compassionate person he is. He has fallen victim to parents that have too much money to fight against. Does everyone not see that her parents have "millions" to play with while David has nothing. They are truly crushed by their daughter's death but they are abusing their power and influence to persecute a very upstanding citizen. There are so many details that are left out of the press and I happen to know that the reporter that has been reporting this case from day one can't even get interviews because nobody wants to say anything bad about him to the press except for people who don't know him. Even at the pre-trial his lawyers weren't even allowed to cross examine any of the prosecuting attorney's witnesses before it was deemed that he would be tried. In essence, they were not even given the chance to present any case. I also happen to know that many people were asked questions by the prosecuting attorney in this case when it was a civil suit but if they would not testify against David, they were not put on the stand. So, in case you guys out there think that he is guilty, you have only half the facts being presented with only limited information due to defense's inability to even get on the stand to defend David. Money is a very powerful asset to have in cases like these, but I, for one and many that I know of, know David and know what a terrific person he is and has always been.

Everything I read convinces me he is guilty, money can't convict the innocent.:no

"Swain killed Tyre at a time when he was romancing another woman and while knowing that a prenuptial agreement prevented him from receiving any of Tyre’s assets if they divorced."

Last edited:
I remember when the whole thing happened, everyone down here thought that it all looked very suspicious, but then as now, pretty much all the evidence was circumstantial and you don't hand out mandatory life sentences for suspicions.

I understand how a grieving parent would always want redress, but I really worry about whether there is enough evidence upon which one can safely base a conviction. Terrence Williams (the prosecutor, and a genuinely decent man for the record) clearly thinks that there is, but personally I have real concerns. Even if the feeling is that Swain probably did it, that isn't enough - beyond reasonable doubt is a high test to have to meet on a pretty cold case where the evidence didn't look that strong in the first place.

I'm his attorney if anyone needs anything. Timothy Bradl, Esq., Denner Pellegrino LLP, Boston, 617 227 2800. Thanks.

Just let him know that there are some of us who believe in him out here and are thinking about him. If you think of it, tell him the girl who broke her foot at Bull Point is in his corner...

SadiesMom

For all of those folks that have asked how they can help Dave Swain:
There is a benefit cruise being hosted on Sunday September 21st. All donations are going to support his legal defense. The details can be found here:
davidswaindefense.com Note: this is being posted as a service to all of those who have asked how they can help.

Thank you for letting us know about the website -- I'll be in touch with Jen and Dave... :)

Sadiesmom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom