• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Anyone not got a flu shot yet?

Discussion in 'Non-Diving Related Stuff' started by DandyDon, Nov 6, 2020.

1. DandyDon

DandyDon Old men ought to be explorers ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    You're late. This is not the year to skip the jab. We're already losing the Covid-19 battle which we need to avoid making worse by adding flu to the mix.

Yeah, it may only work half of the time, but if everyone who can gets one - that will stop the waves.

Even if you still get a flu, it's still help make it a lighter case.

Noone ever caught the flu from a dead virus vaccine. That's been well debunked as impossible. If you get a flu right after the vaccination, you were probably just late - already were infected.

You don't even have to have a sore arm afterwards. Do three pushups then and there. I've done them in Walmarts, Walgreens, clinics, etc. It gets attention, but that's a good thing. In the Marines I think we did 30 after every shot, but three is enough usually.

Even if you don't have time, make time. There are 24 hour pharmacies giving shots.

Yeah, some people can't get the shot because of prior problems. We need to protect them by stopping the waves.
    Do your part, this week!

2. Kimela

Kimela Regular of the Pub

Got my flu shot a couple of weeks ago. Hope they picked the right strain this year. :wink:

DandyDon and RyanT like this.
  3. RyanT

RyanT ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    And even if you do have a sore arm, it's an inconsequential price to pay for avoiding the flu...and more importantly spreading it to others! Thanks, Don!

DandyDon likes this.
  4. Dzydvl33

Dzydvl33 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Never had it, Never will. Haven't been sick in years and years.

5. uncfnp

uncfnp Solo Diver ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    2477255B-2156-46D7-8C1A-D28AC6EB8E6E.jpeg

6. DandyDon

DandyDon Old men ought to be explorers ScubaBoard Supporter

Oh, unless you are a total hermit, I'm sure that you've had it and spread it even if you have a natural resistance to getting sick. Indeed, not getting sick means that you are more likely to get out and about thereby exposing others while you enjoy being asymptomatic.

Why not do your part this year and get the jab.

I nag my family and friends every year about this. My granddaughter missed getting the shot last year, came down with the flu, and I promised that I would drag her and one of her parents to legally authorize to a pharmacy if she didn't get one by Halloween this year, but that got waylaid. My daughter's big household plus her mother and her newest grandbaby's household missed getting vaccinated as they all had to get over a Covid explosion. I'm glad that I missed that corn maze outing. She says they're going this Wednesday, I guess she's referring to the toddler grandkids she's raising as they have to go thru a doctor's office, but I will continue updating my surveys and nagging.

wheeledgoat and RyanT like this.
  7. Esprise Me

Esprise Me Kelp forest dweller ScubaBoard Supporter

I have an excuse! I'm in a trial for a COVID vaccine and they asked me to hold off on getting the flu shot until the study is over, likely next month. As soon as I get the all-clear, I'm there. And I hope everyone else who is able gets it as well.

8. greeniguana

greeniguana ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

I might have had the flu once when I was in high school. Have not taken a (real) sick day in 15 years.

So, no. I'm not going to subject my immune system to some unnecessary shenanigans "just to be safe".

Coztick, Dark Wolf and Dzydvl33 like this.
  9. Dzydvl33

Dzydvl33 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Well First and foremost, I Don't want to. And second... well... I guess there isn't a second.

So you're saying if my immune system kills it off and I don't get sick that I'll get it and spread it unless I get a shot that kills it off so I don't get sick?

I'm good thanks.
    To each their own. If you're worried about catching the flu then get the shot and you won't have to worry about me.

10. Marie13

Marie13 Great Lakes Mermaid ScubaBoard Supporter

Got mine a month ago.