• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Anyone not got a flu shot yet?

Discussion in 'Non-Diving Related Stuff' started by DandyDon, Nov 6, 2020.

1. John Bantin

John Bantin Dive Shop

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    If you socially distance and wear a mask in an effort not to get Covid-19, you won't catch any colds or flu either. But if you catch flu or Covid-19, it could be curtains or it might not. But it might be for the next person you infect. Who cares if the US loses a few million, as long as it's not you, right?

2. BrackaFish

BrackaFish Barracuda

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    You didn't do any pushups then and there did you?[/QUOTE]

LOL. I try and save my energy for diving as I seem to have used a lot of it up
    In my youth and don’t want to run out

lexvil likes this.
  3. Mrs. B

Mrs. B Solo Diver

I don’t, can I move?

4. mac64

mac64 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    You certainly can.

5. DandyDon

DandyDon Old men ought to be explorers ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Good news in my family. My kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids have all got their flu shots I think (I nag them a lot so they tend to tune me out instead of confirming, but I think that I help them focus on the importance), and they have all had and survived Covid - some twice altho it was scary there for a while like with a son-in-law in line to get a room at an overfull hospital. One of my cousins also laid around ER for a few days, finally got a room, and eventually recovered, getting to go home last night. I'm hiding at home as much as possible still as well as supporting my brother's high-risk household as needed.

Whose CDC are you referencing? I don't memorize locations for members who don't have it in their profile and on their posts. The US CDC certainly recommends that everyone over 6 months old who can to get vaccinated to hopefully protect themselves and those that they might infect.

It wasn't, and it didn't. Isolating in lockdown slowed the pandemic some but the curve was still harsh. Social distancing or staying six feet apart slows the spread some, but not so much.

If they don't die from flu itself or complications. Even those will probably go back to work as soon as able but still contagious to others.

False, just false.

That's not how pushups work. You folks that get sore arms from shots should try doing a few immediately after. It looks funny in clinics and pharmacies, but works, and it might even send a message to others.

6. Storker

Storker ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I believed it was pretty obvious that I hail from the right side of the pond, at a latitude a little bit north of Anchorage, AK. If that assumption was wrong, please take my apologies.

7. DandyDon

No, I haven't guessed where you are or which CDC is not taking more aggressive actions against a double epidemic coming. Good luck to your natives.

8. Miyaru

Miyaru Tec Instructor ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    That's the best news you can get!

Question: if they all successfully countered the sars-cov-2 virus, what is the added value of sars-cov-2 vaccination for them?

Here (on the other side of the pond), people who survived the sars-cov-2 infection have been donating bloodplasma. Over 16,000 people have donated 100,000 times over the last 20 weeks. The anti-bodies in the plasma are concentrated and administered to patients whose immune system is not responding fast or adequate enough. There are however no study results yet on how effective this strategy is.

The basis for this is the fact that once you have survived such an infection, your immune system has created anti-bodies. A vaccine has no added value, since the immune system won't learn anything new. Getting infected a 2nd time is suspicious from a medical point of view, but that doesn't matter for governments and the media, that will do anything to keep the general public extremely cautious.

9. RemcoDutch

RemcoDutch Divemaster Candidate

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I believe 4 people are reported to have been reinfected. One of them, they are not sure if he had it the first time.
    So it is VERY rare and maybe even false positives.

Mrs. B likes this.
  10. DandyDon

It's too early to tell, but whatever immunities they may have now is only temporary I think.