Anyone tried the new DC2000 1.03 Beta firmware?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I noticed that it took time to store the RAW files - is that the only issue with using RAW on this camera? I did a few test shots in Cayman a couple of weeks ago and was very pleased with the RAW mode, once I learned to be patient...

The RAW files are high quality with lots of room for manipulation in lightroom. The only issue is when I want to get several shots of the octopus in a row but he leaves before the camera is ready to shoot again. Jellyfish and anenomes the delay is fine - for faster critters not so much.

That said the JPG files give much more room to tweak than most. I usually shoot JPG but would switch to raw if they can eliminate the delay in future firmware.

Time lapse doesn't seem to be working for me in the v1.03.....works fine in v1.01. Didn't notice any other problems.

Edit: Weird its working now. Not sure what happened but the first time I tried it the camera locked up and I had to remove the battery.

Last edited:
I am about to do this upgrade before doing some diving at the end of May, so does anybody have any new experience with doing this update? Pros and cons? Looking at the site I see that they have a 1.04 now

1.03 has been working fine for me since December - haven't tried 1.04 which is also supposed to improve Macro focusing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom