Anyone tried the new W1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Azrael

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Look for feedback on the W1. How is the front entry, how is water movement, is the fit as good as the older suits?

Anyone know if they plan to update the 3mm line?

HI Azrael-
The W1 has been getting great reviews and those of us fortunate enough to dive it love it!
We recommend checking it out at your LDS or have them bring one in for you. A new 3mm is in the works and planned to be available at some point this fall, with debut at DEMA.

I love my 5mm waterproof (back entry blue suit). I still have a few Hyper-stretch Henderson's around but as those wear out I will be replacing them with waterproof suits. I just picked up a pair of boots to replace my gold core boots and can't wait to use them in they Key's next weekend. All my dive buddies bought the h2 suits but acknowledge they should have tried on the waterproof suit before buying.

I just bought a 5mm W1 medium tall. I'm 6' 00" 160# 39" 31" 38" and it fits and looks great. Also purchased the Crux 5mm semi dry glove which is a perfect fit under the cuff of the suit. There is no way the glove zipper can unzip on it's own as someone stated on a Internet store comment. With these two purchases I am sold on Waterproof and can't wait for the D1 drysuit to come out this fall.

Back
Top Bottom