Anyone Up For Scuba Fossiling Charleston Sc This Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lee Taylor

Crusty old diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
200 - 499
I plan to put on my scuba unit and walk-in the Edisto river this weekend. I will be snooping around for fossils. Water temp 74 degrees F. Air temp 76 degrees F.

upload_2016-5-4_13-45-26.jpeg

Lee,
I have followed you for years and really enjoyed your finds and postings. Thanks for the offer! So how is the flow and gators in Edisto...I have only done the Cooper, several times. for time and meeting location, please feel free to PM me (or what ever PM is called today).

The flow right now is low and slow. Perfect for fossiling. The water will probably be 10’ at the deepest spot. The gators are WAY down the river. Some 20 miles or so. The Edisto is MUCH friendlier than the Cooper. Mostly warm and sandy bottom. Few log jams if any. Occasional log. Few critters. Occasional giant bird, turtles, gar, coyote. I am sure there are more critters. Those are the ones I have seen. I will get there around 11 or 1. Depends on mood and agreement with others. This is an easy dive just to get my equipment underwater and give things a chance to go wrong

We can consider meeting in Summerville or at Rosebrock Park (32.948693, -80.206205) for the time being

My schedule with Joe got mixed up. So Joe is out of the picture. Tess expressed and interest and immediately became non responsive. She may be the 11th hour type but count her out for now. I have diver from Charlotte thinking about it. It’s just me right now

Lee, I was wondering how this dive went, did you find anything? Hopefully I will be able to dive with you sometime as this is the perfect dive for me, combines my love of rockhounding and my love of diving.

Back
Top Bottom