Anyone Use D50 underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattroz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anyone use the D50 underwater.. There are several housing options for it but i've never seen it talked about. Does the 1 wheel instead of 2 make it useless?

Should i just save my money and go with a higher end camera before putting out the cash for a housing?

I have a D50 but cant afford the housing. Love the camera though. Good question... anyone... anyone...?

I shoot all manual underwater so i am constantly changing my aperture & shutter speed. One wheel would suck :).

If you aren't in a big hurry, I would take a hard look at the D80.

Dave

does the slower flash sync have an effect underwater?

Unless I am mistaken, on the D50 the flash sync speed is 1/500 sec. I can't imagine having to shoot faster than that underwater, so personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

so now i'm convinced on the D80... wasn't too hard... anyone want a d50? lol

My wife has the D50 with the Sea&Sea N50 housing, which is really small compared to my D70 Sea&Sea housing. We both use manual settings and the one wheel wasn't a major issue. One problem was that for night dives the D50 does not have a backlight, so I added a CR2032 battery & Holder and a small LED in the housing which worked well. I should add that she won the hotel's photo comp for the 3 weeks we entered.
See http://www.habitatdiveresorts.com/bonaire/photo_weekly_winners.html

I use it... I like it... But I am moving to the D80.
Good shots from your wife!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom