Anyone use the Pocket Buoy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetPro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was looking for an extra Buoy and Flag to throw in my boat and I came acress this thing called a pocket bouy. Home

It is a small nylon shell with a baloon blown up inside and a collapsible flagpole attached. It seems similar in concept to my main float which is a nylon shell with an innertube blown up inside. It seems like it might be just the thing to put on the end of a current line off the back and will break down small for storage - one of my main concerns.

Looking for a review by anyone who has one.

Thanks,

Jeff

Reading reviews on Amazon and LeisurePro, it sounds like this thing might be worthwhile to keep in a bag "just in case", but isn't quite up to regular use. A common complaint seems to be that the flagpole won't hold up in high wind. You won't lose the flag because the internal bungee keeps it together, but the flag itself becomes flopped over, dragging in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom