Anyone used this crate system from Sidio?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could see a ten pack deal on shelves on a wall somewhere
but I think you're supposed to have the stuff to fill them first

For me, the half height crate would be a deal breaker.

I just use one of the rectangular milk crates with a bungee as shown below. Fins can be carried by tucking them under the top bungees. Smaller items such as reels, lights, etc. are clipped off to the interior bungees. Regs and other larger items go in the middle. If you have a lot of small items (such as a save a dive kit), you could stow them in a sidemount butt pocket (or something similar) clipped off to one of the interior bungee loops or to the exterior of the crate where the top bungees come up from the sides. Simple. Cheap. Effective.

IMG_2719.jpg

When you route the bungee through the crate, don't pull it too tight. If you do, the crate may begin to collapse over time.

What's your planned the scenario for their use?

Are you planning to take the crate on a boat or leave it in your car?

The half height crate was what I thought looked interesting. I have a 'big' crate already rigged with line and I've certainly used it... But I don't like it for dive boats either. Seems like a good plan until you show up at the boat and it doesn't fit under the seat. I'm not a fan of crates on dive boats even through a half height crate might fix that under-seat problem. But home to car to friends car to picnic table at a dive site might be good.

It seems like I've just got a lot of gear these days... and I'm just looking around to see if I could do a better job...

I'm typically carrying at least four sets of regulators around. Three lights and lots of batteries. A couple of spools and a couple of reels, couple of masks. That's before I even start to bring any actual spares...

If you are carrying three extra full regulator sets for yourself onto a 2 tank boat dive trip, you have bigger problems than which box to use.

Yea. I actually got an Armor mesh duffle that I genuinely hope doesn’t disintegrate like my last boat bag. So I’m hoping I have that end of the process covered for now.

Have you seen the looks exchanged between the crew with those trying to stuff their house under everyones seat

Leave your junk in your trunk

and their diving corresponds, like owners looking like their pets

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom