Anyone wear ICE bracelets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my dogtags from the army were made of aluminum I believe never had a problem with rust and we seen some use together....Maybe I might invest in a new set with my info. on them

Yes, I do. I have one from Road ID, I wear it running, cycling, and sometimes when diving too.

Peace of mind that my family gets notified if there is an accident, and that doctors don't waste any time trying to figure out my blood type, though I am not sure that precaution is necessary...

A friend of mine has his SSN, DAN#, blood type, and a DNR directive tattooed on the back of his neck.

I can back up Fritzcat66, the person he is refering to was one of my dive buddies, after that incident , I had a dog tag made at Petsmart, I attached on my BC so it is clearly visable. I am planning on getting a DAN tag , this was a cheap ($5) alternative.

In case of emergency, I want people to call 9-1-1.

I don't think a bracelet will help if people don't already know to do this.

In case of emergency, I want people to call 9-1-1.

I don't think a bracelet will help if people don't already know to do this.

:rofl3:
You do realize that there probably ARE people out there who don't know the number for 9-1-1?

Responder: Quick, call 9-1-1.
Bystander: What's the number?

:rofl3:
You do realize that there probably ARE people out there who don't know the number for 9-1-1?

Responder: Quick, call 9-1-1.
Bystander: What's the number?
Right. So, having an "please contact these people" message on my wrist is probably beyond the understanding of such people anyway.

Yes, I do. I have one Road ID, I wear it running, cycling, and sometimes when diving too.

Peace of mind that my family gets notified if there is an accident, and that doctors don't waste any time trying to figure out my blood type, though I am not sure that precaution is necessary...

When reading this thread this is what came to mind for me as well. I also heard about them through cycling. Never occurred to me to wear for diving. Good idea though.

Not that it would necessarily help in a diving accident, but I have the !ICE prefix in my cell phone contact list. (Hint: If you put the exclamation mark, it should always show up on the top of your list.) I also have a card in my wallet that gives HIPAA release for medical information to my family (wife, parents, in-laws) and tells how to contact my attorney for living will and power of attorney documents.

Wow, man. That's a heavy thread.

R..

I followed that thread as the events unfolded, and it really stuck in my mind. Several places (Vortex Springs, for example) don't require a next of kin or emergency contact to be listed (it's just a liability form with signature). If something were to happen to me out there, and I was diving solo or with a less familiar buddy, my poor fiance would never know anything was wrong until I was hours late getting home.

So, he and I talked it over, and we had a red dog tag made up, which has "In case of emergency, please contact..." and his name and phone number on it. He knows all my medical information, anyways, so I didn't see the point in trying to cram it all on that tag.

I kind of feel like a little lost puppy dog when I wear it, and I only wear it when I'm diving with buddies who don't know me very well (and thus don't know my emergency contact information) or when diving sites like Vortex which don't collect emergency contact information.

It really does give us both peace of mind to know that if something should happen, EMS or hospital personnel will have a way to contact him.

Last edited:
I always write on my diving waiver for emergency contact: Call DAN, then my mom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom