Anything New on the PLG??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zuzanne

Contributor
Reaction score
We have reservations for week of February 26th at the PLG. We have been told by our travel agent that because we reserved the week prior to PLG being purchased by Palace Resorts that our week would be honored minus the AI package. We do not like AI resorts, it's a personal opinion and I know lots of folks who do. We like eating where the locals eat when traveling.

I am trying to find out if after they close the PLG down and remodel it when it reopens in Dec. will they have left the fridge & coffee pots in the units or removed them due to the AI thing? And does this mean that even though we can still stay there without paying for the AI, will we not be able to eat or drink there if we want to and pay cash for it?

I have emailed Palace Resorts, they referred me to the resort, who in turn did not respond to my email. I also emailed the onsite dive shop and they did not respond either. I wanted to find out if they are going to remain on the premises and if we would be able to dive with them under the new resort AI situation.

Zuzanne

zuzanne:
We have reservations for week of February 26th at the PLG. We have been told by our travel agent that because we reserved the week prior to PLG being purchased by Palace Resorts that our week would be honored minus the AI package. We do not like AI resorts, it's a personal opinion and I know lots of folks who do. We like eating where the locals eat when traveling.

I am trying to find out if after they close the PLG down and remodel it when it reopens in Dec. will they have left the fridge & coffee pots in the units or removed them due to the AI thing? And does this mean that even though we can still stay there without paying for the AI, will we not be able to eat or drink there if we want to and pay cash for it?

I have emailed Palace Resorts, they referred me to the resort, who in turn did not respond to my email. I also emailed the onsite dive shop and they did not respond either. I wanted to find out if they are going to remain on the premises and if we would be able to dive with them under the new resort AI situation.
I don't have any specific knowledge of the situation, but I do have some advice: wait for the dust to settle; those are decisions that may not have been made yet. I'd call them in January and see what you can find out, and then amend your plans accordingly and if necessary.

I don't know what I'll be able to find out, but when I go there this August, I'll ask those that are working there. I too would like to go back without the all inclusive next year. Maybe they'll give that option. Of course, if the price is right, having breakfast and an occasional lunch or dinner there might be OK. Nothing can relpace several dinners and lunches in town, but breakfast before diving right there at the hotel would be nice.

IMO your worrying about this waaaayyyy tooooooo early. Things will change 4 or 5 times between now and then. What ever info you get now will probably not be correct anyway. I would wait until several month prior to your trip and then see how things are progressing. Don't stress. You'll have a great time. You could always reconsider your choice and then put that potential stress to bed NOW. Good Luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom