Apartment/Roommate Hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortugar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello Caymanians,
I'm looking for some local advice on the best way to go about hunting for an apartment/roommate. I *may* have an opportunity to come down there (in 3-4 weeks) to work for the long term and could use a few tips and tricks from those of you who are living there.
From what I've found, the cost of living is high and most searches come back with accommodations geared toward tourists.
Can any of you locals give a newbie some pointers?
- Looking for low-cost apartments and/or room rentals, etc.

(Please pardon delayed replies - I don't check this site as often as I should, but I will be keeping my eye on this one more frequently.)
THANKS!!

eCayTrade is what all the locals use!
Another good source for rentals is the Friday Cayman Compass newspaper. However, the classifieds are unfortunately not online. Many people (including myself) used the compass to find a place when we arrived on island.

Also, if you don't want a long term commitment (or take the time once on island to find something that suits you best), Treasure Island condos rent by the month at a reasonable price including utilities, water, TV, internet, phone etc.

Welcome | FrontDoor Cayman

Thanks for the links and the leads!
These are exactly the types of resources I needed.
- Much appreciated, you guys rock.
Hope to see you down there before too long.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom