Apeks and BC choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Dive Inn price for the Tx-50&Tx-40 is $312 for Din or Int (yoke). The shipping costs are minimal and you do NOT need to be home for a UPS delivery. I do this all the time. If you don't want to buy from them that is fine but you are adding nonexistent BS to the transaction.

Brad

diveinn appears to have raised their regulator prices by at least 10%. A week or so ago I saw the TX-100 with TX-40 octo for $371. Now it is listed for $410. Still a very good deal, but makes you wonder why....

Hi,
Thank you all for your Input. I'm now just down to deciding which BC.
I had the chance to try a Dive-Rite Transpac II in the pool.My wifes instructor suggested I try it. I really like the way it fits, and the fact that it can change with my diving interests. I wasn't considering anything like this because of lack of pockets and weight integration, but have found out these can be added. At first I thought it looked to techie ( for me, I'm just a newbie rec-diver ), but as comfortable as It is, I just might have to get one.
Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about this BC?

Atomox,
Thank you for your suggestion. My Information came from the Dive Inn Website on their FAQ page. It said, Yes someone had to be home, and that local sales tax and import dutys may be payable to UPS upon delivery. If there is a way around this I wasn't aware of it. To late now.

Thanks to all, Tavi

On the UPS question, there is a way around the somebody at home issue. When I have had items delivered that required signatures, I call the local UPS office when I see the yellow sticker on the door and request that the item be held at the distribution point for my area. Then I stop by on the way home a day later, sign the ticket and go. UPS gets all that they require and I don't have to at home for the delivery.

JoelW

Hey Tavi,

I know what you mean about the Trans Pac... I almost bought one for myself and my son. The Ranger is cool too, I remember trying one over a year ago... it seemed to take forever to add air to it. Just an observation, your mileage may vary...

Pete from Orlando...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom