Closed Apeks ATX50 2nd stage $100

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geo7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I accumulated more than I need, so if anyone wants these let me know:

-one Apeks ATX50 second stage

Price lowered to 100 $ plus shipping

They were serviced in summer and have only ten dives since then. The regs breathe great and are in very good condition, with only minor signs of use.

One can find standard ATX 2nd stages on Ebay for ca. 70-90$, but this one aren't normal ATX50s... They they have been retrofitted with Delrin front covers that add stability and are shaped to make it easier to remove them with gloves on. The front covers are sold by www.scubasupport.nl and cost 50 Euros each.

The adjuster screw is not the original brass one, but milled from solid 316 stainless steel, so they won't break and resist scratching better.

The idea was to have the perfect stage reg. Is it worth it? Up to you to decide. :) Each has cost me over 165 $.

I am also offering two separate delrin covers ($45 each, see post nr 9 below).

Please PM if interested...

Attachments

• IMG_1565.JPG
    IMG_1565.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1566.JPG
    IMG_1566.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1569.JPG
    IMG_1569.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1571.JPG
    IMG_1571.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1572.JPG
    IMG_1572.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1774.JPG
    IMG_1774.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1775.JPG
    IMG_1775.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1777.JPG
    IMG_1777.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1776.JPG
    IMG_1776.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 104
Do you have the original faceplates?

Unfortunately not any more, otherwise I would have happily offered the regs separately at $50 less... If you can find front plates elsewhere, I can offer the regs without the plates though.

I'd say the original ones are fine, but figured that if you really want to take advantage of Apeks' simplicity and be able to take off the cover underwater, then the standard plates will be hard to grip with gloves. On the XTX I was almost unable to take the originals off without tools on dry land. In warm water the standard ones on the ATX should be fine, because you can tighten as needed without caring about getting decals leveled.

The Delrin front plates are shaped and textured so that they can be taken off even with gloves. The plates work on the ATX and XTX, by the way. On the XTX they can be "torqued" as needed, whereas you want to get the original ones leveled, and on mine this ended up too tight. The plates were not custom made for me, but can be ordered by anyone from Scubasupport.nl

I also figured the Delrin will add stability to the case. Some other regs have several parts under the plate, but Apeks only has the membrane and washer ring (Atomics is similar if the cave ring is installed). Finally, the small holes decrease the flow somewhat from the original ATX ones which might help with freeflows while scootering (not an issue on the XTX). For me it seems Apeks (if improved this way), in addition to the Scubapro G260 and the Atomic M1 with cave cover tick all the above boxes. I ended up buying a couple too many...

Obviously this whole thing is only relevant for tech and cave diving, where people want to be sure they can clean out debris and make any reg work. For normal open water diving all of this is less of a consideration, and if one is on a budget a standard ATX40 for $60 is a fine reg (heck some will do the deepest cave dives with them).

Price lowered to 140 $ (each) and now including shipping.

Price lowered to 120 $ each. If you buy both I'll throw in shipping... :)

The following parts are available sepatately. I thought I'll add them to this listing, as the posts above clarifiy what this is is for and what it looks like installed. Again: I have accumulated too much back-up gear...

2 x Delrin front covers by Scubasupport NL. These are missing original Apeks decals, but I am sure there some on Scubaboard who have them. You can also remove the entire button of your Apeks reg and install it into these covers. -$45 for each cover.

Back
Top Bottom