apeks black ice VS scubapro seahawk 2????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kareemovitch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dears
hope you are fine
need your opinion which bb/bcd i go for
apex black ice or scubapro sea hawk 2
i like both of them & need to buy one
if there any bb/bcs more better than those will be welcome

best regards
kareem

Salam Kareem

I believe that they are different BC's and it is difficult to guide you without knowing more about your type of diving. The Black Ice is a heavy duty, heavy weight "techie" wannabe type of BC where the SeaHawk 2 is a "general purpose" type of BC that packs very small and is suited for the traveling diver.

Hi Kareem,

I cannot give you feedback on diving with the Seahawk 2 since the one I received was way too big and I had to return it but I can comment on it from a "dry land" perspective.

For me the BCD was very well made. The weight pockets as well as the "storage" pockets are very roomy, the SP inflator hose is very nice to use (I tried it on other SP BCDs and they are identical), there were enough D rings for me and their location was good. The only downside for me was the size of the pockets, it nearly felt like a jacket BCD since they really wrap around a big portion of your torso.
Also, it sizes BIG, I am always a size M, on all the BCDs I rented, including SP. The Seahawk 2 in M was huge! I couldn't close the pockets as they would have had to overlap in order to fit me.

Salam Kareem

I believe that they are different BC's and it is difficult to guide you without knowing more about your type of diving. The Black Ice is a heavy duty, heavy weight "techie" wannabe type of BC where the SeaHawk 2 is a "general purpose" type of BC that packs very small and is suited for the traveling diver.
Salam Kareem

I use it in warm water red sea ..no travelling..wet suit 3mm

I use it in warm water red sea ..no travelling..wet suit 3mm

I believe that the SeaHawk 2 will suit you just fine. Make sure that you try it on for sizing before you buy it. I think that it runs "big" in sizing.

As an Apeks Black Ice diver, I'll repost my review on it for your reference:

"I am currently selling my Apeks Black Ice and will buy a BPW.

In the BCD category, the Black Ice is great:
- Back-inflate (good for trim);
- You can add 2kg up between your back and the bladder (good for trim);
- You have releasable weight pockets that take a ton of weight (nice if you dont like weight belts);
- Pockets are big enough for a second mask in one and spool+dsmb in the other);
- More than enough steel d-rings;

However, with a BPW you can have all that and:
1) Less unecessary features (such as padding, extra d-rings);
2) More modular;
3) Less drag (the apeks black ice has way too much lift);
4) Less failure points (continuous harness vs BCD with releases).

If you want a BCD, I think the Apeks Black Ice is an excelent option but if you are open to consider a BPW, I would recommend the latter."

guys
iam still worry about those bcds....need more info about those
cant take decision :(:(:(:( till now

The SP SeaHawk 2 will do just fine, just make sure that you try it for sizing first.

i dont like big zipper bucket in both side .. i dont use them...SO i like black ice style..but many guys recommend SP SEAHAWK2
i tried to find some different option with less drag on both side..i see many good option for wings but more expensive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom