Apeks BPW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep Sea Alan:
Stephen,

I saw, touched and ordered it all (including both wings) 1 month ago. It looked and felt like a quality rig. I will let you know how it test's out when it comes in. Regards
Alan

Alright!

We want pictures... :D

Saturday was the first day we had them on the showroom floor for sale. Surprising enough, we sold THREE of the WTX Harness/WTX3 Wing/Surelock Weight System combinations! I was a little surprised that they began selling so well, so fast. We have not yet received the backplates or the one-piece web harnesses, but we have all of the other components. Looks like this harness is going to be a hit. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

PhilEllis:
Saturday was the first day we had them on the showroom floor for sale. Surprising enough, we sold THREE of the WTX Harness/WTX3 Wing/Surelock Weight System combinations! I was a little surprised that they began selling so well, so fast. We have not yet received the backplates or the one-piece web harnesses, but we have all of the other components. Looks like this harness is going to be a hit. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE
Any chance you'd be able to find the time to take some pictures of this thing and post them?

thanks in advance.

Randy

Randy43068:
Any chance you'd be able to find the time to take some pictures of this thing and post them?

thanks in advance.

Randy

Hi Randy,

I have posted several amateur pictures of the WTX Harness set-up on our website. This is the WTX Harness, the WTX3 30 pound wing, and the Sure Lock Integrated Weight System. You can follow this link to take a look. Thanks.

Apeks WTX Harness Pictures

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

PhilEllis:
Hi Randy,

I have posted several amateur pictures of the WTX Harness set-up on our website. This is the WTX Harness, the WTX3 30 pound wing, and the Sure Lock Integrated Weight System. You can follow this link to take a look. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE
Thanks Phill! I appreciate that.
Looks good!! By the way, were's the plate?

PhilEllis:
Hi Randy,

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

Thanks for the pics, Phil.

You really ought to size that thing for that fella! It might look more appealing to your customers. It looks a little scary the way it is. :D

Just out of curiosity...why didn't you order some with the standard hog rig?

Stephen Ash:
Thanks for the pics, Phil.

You really ought to size that thing for that fella! It might look more appealing to your customers. It looks a little scary the way it is. :D

Just out of curiosity...why didn't you order some with the standard hog rig?

Yeah, he is pretty scary isn't he? Jonathan is in charge of our on-line order pack and ship operation. Like me, he eats a little too much, so it is hard to size him with anything. But seriously.......

We are limited as to the sizes available right now. We have already sold through all of the mediums and have not yet received the size large.

We have the WTX6 and WTX8 wings, but have not yet received the backplates and the one-piece (hog) harnesses. We expect those in the next few days. One of the customers that purchased the WTX Harness on Saturday also wanted the installed plate. We substituted a Dive Rite plate for the Apeks. Not a problem with the fit.

Thanks and I will keep you informed when we receive the other parts of the package.

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

PhilEllis:
Yeah, he is pretty scary isn't he? Jonathan is in charge of our on-line order pack and ship operation.

Jonathon isn't that scary...

If Tony Cobosto (sp?) still worked there and was modeling that BC instead of
Jonathan, then Tony would prob be wearing his skin tight red speedos
that he dove in... now that's scary.

You wouldn't want to see pics on here of that!

I received my Apeks setup today. The quality of the wing and weight attachments is identical to that of SeaQuest BC's, that is to say excellent, and no doubt made in the same factory. The plate is, well, a plate. Not the greatest finish but who cares. I weighed mine in at 5 lbs and 16" long. The inflator looks like it could take a direct new-ku-lar hit.

The wing (35 lb. single) looks really wide at first, but when fully inflated stays very flat and low profile.
If you are a real skinny person, try on the one piece harness with the Sure-Lock pouches to make sure there is some belt left for you to tighten. I think mine are going to end up on the rear-most attachment point, and I have a 33" waist.

I thought (duh) from the description that the wing had something inherent about it that would eliminate the need for an STA, but there are just the usual grommets. I'm thinking of a hard rubber pad or just an STA in the future if that doesn't work. Or those rubber doohickeys from DeepSeaSupply.

Was this post about a rig or a reg??

Do Apeks do rigs?

I have Apeks on my stages but replacing them soon. Supposedly cold water regs but free flow city.

Not popular but the BEST BEST cold water reg is Beuchat Iceberg VX 10...its heavy but bullet proof. Breathe that on the surface...what's a free flow?

boogey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom