Apeks cylinder valves and manifold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caveman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I know that opinions regarding cylinder valves and manifolds can often be all over the place but I was hoping that some of you out there could give your opinions regarding the Apeks twin manifold, or at the very least on the M25 left and right cylinder valves individually. Whether you own them personally or simply have an extensive knowledge on the quality of Apeks engineering.

My goal is to determine if Apeks would be an appropriate choice or if there are better options out there.

Much appreciated as always.

If XS Scuba valves/manifolds are available in your area, give them a go. I’ve had good experiences with them.

If XS Scuba valves/manifolds are available in your area, give them a go. I’ve had good experiences with them.
Unfortunately most of the valves used on cylinders in SA are either local brands or lesser known European imports. Whereas our local Apex distributor has almost every product the brand offers right down to components and is very accessible. XS Scuba can be imported but obviously will incur additional costs...

Have you used Apeks valves/manifolds as well or do you just know that the XS range are very reputable?

I have XS Scuba valves/manifolds on my own tanks and no issues at all. Widely used here.

No knowledge of Apeks valves/manifolds. What do your fellow local divers say about them?

Apeks as a whole has a great reputation so I would not hesitate to buy from them.

If they are anything like their regulators they will be rock solid.

I have XS Scuba valves/manifolds on my own tanks and no issues at all. Widely used here.

No knowledge of Apeks valves/manifolds. What do your fellow local divers say about them?

Apeks as a whole has a great reputation so I would not hesitate to buy from them.
Local divers I would say have had a somewhat 'either or' attitude towards valves. Some of them use locally made and never have any issues and I suppose they are very much right. Most brands that produce valves, manifolds, bands etc need to meet the standards and requirements set forth by international laws and since Apeks have never failed to do so and make some of the best gear around, I doubt their valves would be any exception. Thanks once again for the good info

I'm very happy with my Apeks valves and manifold. The valves are super smooth and easy to manipulate and the quality of the machining is excellent. On my tech instructor course the instructor trainer commented that during shutdowns it was like I was stroking the valves rather than turning them. Trust me, that was a testament to the valves, not my shutdown drills. Highly recommend!

L
I'm very happy with my Apeks valves and manifold. The valves are super smooth and easy to manipulate and the quality of the machining is excellent. On my tech instructor course the instructor trainer commented that during shutdowns it was like I was stroking the valves rather than turning them. Trust me, that was a testament to the valves, not my shutdown drills. Highly recommend!
Looks like I will be going with Apeks then! Bands as well. Can never go wrong with what Apeks have to offer.

Back
Top Bottom