Apeks Double Swivel hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmc78

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Do any of you have the Apeks double swivel hose on their XTX Reg? Dove my XTX200 for the first time for a week in Cozumel, love the Reg, my only complaint is even with the braided hose it became uncomfortable to the point my teeth hurt on extended dives, it just doesn't seem to allow much movement from side to side. I have a swivel on an oceanic Reg and its always been very comfortable.
I haven't found much info or reviews or even a picture of their DSW hose.

if you want a swivel on your hose, going to a proprietary hose is not the answer. Get one of the elbows, or a ball swivel so you can still use standard hoses. Kirby Morgan for the elbows, and if either Cave Adventurers or more preferably Omni Swivel for the balls

What hose configuration are you using that you found uncomfortable?

Its the lack side to side movement between the first and second stage. Unfortunately the swivel that I have on my Oceanic Reg wont fit my Apeks.
Thanks for the tips on the elbows and Omni Swivel, I'll check them out.

is it one of the special hoses for the oceanic? If not, they should be universal...

the branded omni's are expensive for what it is worth and I don't think they're worth over 3x the cost of the ones from Cave Adventurers, but I think they are better.
The Kirby Morgan part is 305-017. I'm not sure who the dealers are, but IIRC they are around $40.

The hose is proprietary to the Zeo and Eos. The nut that screws into the Reg is 3/4 inch, so its a no go.

Last edited:
Can you just add a spacer like on the atomic 2nds?

I think a spacer would add to the tension on the hose. I need at least an elbow or a swivel to add more flexibility.
That's my theory anyway.

Ball valves and elbows (not so much) are a bit heavier than the Apeks double swivel. It's offered on with the Apeks black sapphire and the MTX-R. A few shops that sell Apeks gear will offer the double swivel, just a matter of finding one... Below is a picture I found just by doing a quick search on the internet.
I've found it definitely helps jaw fatigue as it swivels from the 1st and 2nd stage.

double-swivel-hose_bg.jpg

I dive XTX 50's and have used both the omni swivel and the miflex double swivel and found the miflex hose provided myself with the best strain relief. Also, make sure your primary hose routing is free and clear and not being hampered by any other hoses.

Back
Top Bottom