apeks ds4: bent hose issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

docmartin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i am looking at going apeks and was favoring the ds4 first. i like less complexity and, therefore, preferred not having a swivel turret with a couple of extra parts and a dynamic o-ring that theoretically could fail. however, i just came across a statement on a web site that made me wonder. the author strongly prefers the swivel turret because with the non-swivel ds4 the long hose gets bent when passing the 2nd stage to your buddy in an emergency. obviously he implies that bending the hose may lead to failure. what do you think, does this merit some consideration? swivel o-ring failure versus bent hose blowing up - what is of more concern or is it all just paranoia anyway?

I don't see why hose would get bent on DS4 more likely then on DST. I think it's hard to happen anyway. I have both DS4 and DST (with long hose setup) and probably there's a possibility for swivel o-ring failure but I don't think that's likely to happen. Maybe someone more experinced in Apeks servicing can give us more data.

nt

I've got ATX 40's on a DS4 and we were practicing OOA, shared air ascents last night in the pool and I had no probs with a bending hose when donating either my second stage or octo.

Back
Top Bottom