Apeks flight free flow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Picat

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I have around 100 dives on my Apeks flight regulator and it started free flowing a little bit. Showed it to some instructors, they could not repair it...I continued diving with it, while still on travel. Sould not be after only short time using ,should it?
Regards, catrin

Most, if not all aqualung/apeks products recommend a complete rebuild during annual servicing if you have more than 50 dives on your regulator.

Hi Catrin,
You are correct. It should not free flow after a short time. The free flow could be caused by any number of possibilities. It would be best to take it in to your local Apeks service center and get it evaluated. It may be time for routine service or maybe just a simple adjustment. I recommend that whoever evaluates it has had factory authorized training on the Flight as it is a new design that many techs are not familiar with.

My Apeks Flight started to free flow after 30 dives... I'm bringing mine and my girlfriends in to the LDS this week for service. We both take very good care of our equipment so I am surprised this is happening so early...

I dove around a 150 dives on my Apeks flight and am very disappointed. Around every 20-25 dives the free flow issue started again and i had to bring it back to the shop i bought it. The owner got really mad at Apeks after a while for this issue and complained to the local (HK) supplier about it. But there was no way of solving it. Finally i switched now to a different brand because i was so fed up with the free flow issue. It will be most definatelly my last Apeks regulator.

I think the Apeks flight is only for tropical divers & for minimal use (meaning a vacation diver 5 dives a year)

Apeks makes bulletproof regs...for the rest of their range DS4, DST, TEK3 & ATX/XTX.

Hi together,
Thanks for all your statements. I gave my Apeks to the service after the last vacation. The diveshop borrowed me another one for my Philippines and Malaysia travels. I did now 70 dives with their Apeks and it already freeflowed a little bit on the 30th dive. I don't really mind about this anymore. It doesn't get worse and underwater I cannot feel any problems - so I just keep on diving :)
Cheers,
Catrin

My Apeks flight free flows every roughly 20 dives and it gets within 2 dives so bad that the free flow is not stoppable anymore even. I gave it to service many times and the problems persists.

I'm curious about what is really being experienced here. I have a Flight with about 60 dives on it and it is twitchy -- sometimes my octo will FF when I jump in, but it is easily stopped by facing the second down. And it DOES NOT like cold water (not environmentally sealed), but I know that and avoid things that set it off if I'm in cold water (rapid movement on a reg recovery drill with the second pointing the wrong way, for example). Are you experiencing spontaneous and uncontrollable FF? I've never experienced a FF that just happened for no apparent reason. I know exactly what sets mine off and it is easily fixed, so I never saw it as a problem. It sounds like you are experiencing something different. My wife has one too and has the same experience as I do.

Back
Top Bottom