Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divedeeplastlong

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, I just received back my Apeks XTX200 regulator after sending it for servicing for the first time.

I notice that the colour on the faceplate of my first stage (Apeks FSR) was stripped off.

The technician said that this is normal due to the age of the regulator combined with the cleaning chemical and ultrasonic cleaning.

Anyone have experience in a similar situation before?

Attached photos before and after servicing.

Age of regulator: 5 years old
Number of dives: 50 salt water dives
Number of servicing done: 1

Attachments

• IMG_3578.jpeg
    IMG_3578.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 87
Looks like they may have used an overly aggressive chemical and/or cycle setting in the ultrasonic cleaner.

Lance

Looks like they may have used an overly aggressive chemical and/or cycle setting in the ultrasonic cleaner.

Lance
Thanks Lance for the response and answer. So I assume that the stripping of colour should not happen during normal regulator servicing, correct?

No way that came off during cleaning. I don't like the paint I prefer all chrome and had to use industrial strength paint stripper to remove it and it took numerous applications.

Here's the thing, Apeks changed the FSR mid production, initially it was a decal that was affixed, they were notorious for just falling out. Apeks then did away with the decal and changed to it being painted (?) on.

I'm going to assume yours was the decal version and it simply fell off and no one noticed.

I'm not sure if it's still available, I think it is I'll check for you but it's part number RG912464. Get the shop that lost yours to order and replace it. If you have no luck I'll get one for you assuming still available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom