Apeks regs for cheap or something else

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BaitBucket

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was able to find a site that has a sale where I can get two apeks xtx50's and an apeks dst first stage for about 500$, I would want to add a 5th port and then hoses and spg would put me close to 700$. I was wondering if this would be a good choice for my first regs or if I should go with deep 6 signature or deep 6 dgx special, or something from scubapro and wait for a sale. (maybe black Friday?)

Apeks XTX50 are workhorses and used by many divers, including tech divers. Go for it. No reason to wait for Deep6. Apeks can be serviced about anywhere, which is another plus. I use XTX50 myself for sidemount.

I was able to find a site that has a sale where I can get two apeks xtx50's and an apeks dst first stage for about 500$, I would want to add a 5th port and then hoses and spg would put me close to 700$. I was wondering if this would be a good choice for my first regs or if I should go with deep 6 signature or deep 6 dgx special, or something from scubapro and wait for a sale. (maybe black Friday?)

Beware of biased "advices". The Deep Six will be back in stock soon and there will be a black friday sale. Might be worth waiting out a bit since the Apeks wouldn't run away if you decide not to get it.

Our Signature series has several features unique to us that set us apart from others. If you are looking for a standard reg design that is similar to other offerings out there at a great price, then the DGX regulator we make for them is a great choice.

I use Apex, Aqualung and I had a set of Deep 6 on loan for a month to try.

My Apex XTX 50's are on my sidemount and I use them on my teaching rig. The Teaching rig gets the most "abuse" switching between chlorinated pools and sea water, lots of sitting around drying out in the sun between short dips (most chance of salt buildup) They've performed flawlessly and only get serviced every 18 months or so

I had the deep 6 regs and used them along side my AL regs for a month. They were okay, nothing wrong with them, but equally nothing stand out. I didn't like the larger size or the second stages - which would vibrate more in the current I like, nor the additional weight of the 1st stage (which adds up if packing 4 sets on a flight)

At the end of the day it depends on price and convienience. If you're in the US then shi[ppign isn't an issue for Deep 6, outside of the Us them you need to factor in the cost and the convienience to you or internatiopnal shipping .

I can do an almost new, less than 5 dive set, look new. 2x XTX50s, DS4, all braided hoses, HOG lengths with a 5' primary, 2" non branded (Termo) black face B&G SPG, all bolt snaps, bungee and 70 degree adapter plus 2x second stage service kits and 1x first stage service kit for $600 plus shipping anyone interested message me.

(3 dives I'm pretty sure)

Can swap out the 5' primary for a 40" if desired. (Incl bolt snap)

18" or 22" Inflator hose.
24" HP hose with bolt snap.
22" back up hose.

Back
Top Bottom