For Sale Apeks Regulator Set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm selling my 1st and 2nd stage regulator. The primary regulator is an Apeks and the backup regulator is made by Aqualung. The guage is from Suunto and a Zoop computer is attached. The set is about 6 years old and has been used for about 50-60 dives. I had it serviced about about 2-3 years ago. There is also a wireless transmitter on the first stage regulator that is busted and will need to be removed. I'm asking for $450, but willing to negotiate. That will include shipping. Message me any questions or inquiries.
IMG_4984.jpg
IMG_4986.jpg
IMG_4987.jpg
IMG_4988.jpg
IMG_4989.jpg
Thanks!

I would like to buy the Apeks primary second stage.

whats wrong with the transmitter? I believe it is a suunto correct? if so was it fixed in the recall?

whats wrong with the transmitter? I believe it is a suunto correct? if so was it fixed in the recall?
If you look close at the photo, it looks like there is a crack and a bend in the metal edge where the plastic cap seals to the base. I can't begin to imagine how that would happen, nor what other related damage might exist.
The recall changed an interior part, changed the plastic cap, and added a flow restrictor inserted into the HP inlet of the transmitter.

I was putting the regulator on the tank before a dive about a month ago and when I opened the tank the transmitter blew. When I took it into a local shop, I was told something in the transmitter malfunctioned. I was told I missed the recall period and there was nothing that could be done about it except detach the transmitter.

From the conversations I have had, that sounds like a description of the exact reason for the recall. It was actually a CPSC recall affecting EVERY transmitter they made, and not a simple manufacturer service update or something offered only to the original owner with a receipt. I doubt that the window of opportunity has closed on a remedy, but I could be wrong. (The period required for posting notice in the shop may have passed though)
Unless it is more trouble for you than it is worth, I suggest you contact Suunto or a full service center for info, contact info at this link. I think the recall action even covers your cost of shipping, so zero out of pocket for you.
Suunto Recalls Wireless Tank Transmitter and Tank POD Due to Injury Hazard

I was putting the regulator on the tank before a dive about a month ago and when I opened the tank the transmitter blew. When I took it into a local shop, I was told something in the transmitter malfunctioned. I was told I missed the recall period and there was nothing that could be done about it except detach the transmitter.
Recall window is not over. I bought a computer with two transmitters and only one was fixed. This was about 3 months ago. I contacted Suunto (call they did not answer any of my emails) and they sent me a prepaid label. I got the transmitter back about 3 weeks later.

Fixed transmitters will have a white circle printed on the case.

Thanks everyone for the advice. This contradicts what I was told by the dive shop I went to. I will be calling Suunto myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom