Apeks setting tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jordi

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking into the Apeks setting tools to adjust the lever height in second stages, the AT68 for ATX and the AT69 for TX regulators. They are not cheap but nothing is cheap in the diving world but each regulator family seems to have its own.

In the end all the tool does is to check the depression length of the purge button. Does someone know the actual gas flow/no gas flow distances for each tool/regulator? Are the distances different enough that they can be measured with a caliper?

It is obviously easier to use the tool as it will settle in exactly the right spot but a caliper measurement should be close enough. Or am I missing something?

Cheers

Jordi

I am pretty confident that the people that use these tools to adjust their Apeks regulators are in the minority and most do not bother with the tool, I don't even see it mentioned in the Apeks Technical Maintenance Manual for the ATX. It gives the initial setting and then calls for the lever to be set to the height of the case.

Mine said "set at a height level with the rim of the case with app.1.0mm freeplay. But I set mine a wee bit lower than the rim.

The Apeks "Flow / No Flow" Lever Height Tool is a quick and easy way to get the lever height set correctly by adjusting the seat. Then any additional tuning can be made through the spring adjuster. The tool is not required to properly adjust an Apeks regulator and most people don't bother unless they have it sitting out on the bench because they needed it to remove a stuck cover.

If you are looking for any specialized regulator tools, I find that Scuba Clinic Tools makes excellent low cost products, but I think they only carry lever height tools for older and newer XTX second stages. I have never had any issues with them shipping from Thailand.

Special Tools for Apeks® Regulators

Back
Top Bottom