apeks tx50 question about changing hose size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagr

Registered
Reaction score
hi all, my tx50 uses the 1/2 inch port and hose for my primary regulator.

was looking at changing it to the flex hose setup. most places sell the normal 3/8 inch ones unless i buy the apeks hose which is very expensive.
i understand that if i were to use a 3/8 inch hose, i will need a 1/2 to 3/8 inch adapter on the 1st stage. will i need another adapter for my regulator to switch it from 3/8 to 1/2 inch?

Buddha speaks the truth. I was surprised that the fitting on my TX-100 would accept a standard hose. The hose has a 1/2" male and a 3/8" female fittings. You only need one adapter and that is for the first stage. Why they set it up this way is a mystery to me.

Buddha speaks the truth. I was surprised that the fitting on my TX-100 would accept a standard hose. The hose has a 1/2" male and a 3/8" female fittings. You only need one adapter and that is for the first stage. Why they set it up this way is a mystery to me.

i have another idea which i think i will do. will get a blanking plug for the 1/2 inch port and use the 3/8 inch port direct as i am using a inflator alternate air source. i tested the 2nd stage and was able to fit a 3/8 inch hose to it like what you said.

will there be much difference in air flow when downsizing the hose?

As you suggested, plug the 1/2" port, turn the 1st stage the other way up, swap the HP hose to the other side and just use the 3/8" ports.
You won't notice any difference.

.......if you don't mind which 3/8" LP port you use you don't have to do the inversion thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom