Apeks TX50 Vs ATX50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIGJC

Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between the TX50 and the ATX50? I just bought the tx50 but was curious about what the "a" is all about??

:mgun:

First off... you'll be stoked on that apeks for years to come... great choice

Same reg... smaller and lighter 2nd stage... just like all the new apeks. I don't think they changed the 1st stage at all.

SUPPOSEDLY..... they cut down on "bubble interference" which I didn't think was a problem in the first place...

Here is what they say on thier site

"The ATX50 has all the high performance features and benefits of the highly respected Apeks TX50 regulator with improvements in design and material. Smaller, lighter, lower profile, improved gas flow, finer adjustment ......and more.

We believe that your regulator should be as flexible as you are. So the new ATX50 retains our well proven combination of diver adjustable venturi and cracking resistance controls. Now this regulator also has the benefit of an additional MICRO-ADJUSTMENT* that allows each individual regulator to be precisely adjusted to give optimum performance, Whilst the Venturi lever and Resistance control are designed for Diver alteration and tuning, The Micro Adjustment requires a special key and this fine adjustment should only be carried out by suitably qualified and authorised personnel using the recommended testing equipment. The combination of this new second stage (balanced) and the high performance DRY SEALED TURRET first stage (again balanced) offers a perfect regulator for diving anywhere in the world. "

I have an ATX50 second on the way that I'm looking forward to using for a primary. I have a TX50, TX100, and TX40 (which are all the same basic second stages) to compare it to. You didn't screw up as far as the second stage goes.

Take care.

Mike

From looking at the Apex webpage http://www.apeks.co.uk/ it looks like Apex is also going to offer an ATX100 also. The webpage has no information on the particulars yet. Having a TX100 I am intrested to see how they are going to make it better. Could it be they feel obligated to have new models for marketing purposes?

Originally posted by MikeS
From looking at the Apex webpage http://www.apeks.co.uk/ it looks like Apex is also going to offer an ATX100 also. The webpage has no information on the particulars yet. Having a TX100 I am intrested to see how they are going to make it better. Could it be they feel obligated to have new models for marketing purposes?
The ATX 100 has been available outside the US for awhile now. The first stage is the same as the TX 100 but it comes with the new ATX 200 second stage. The problem is, in the US Apeks regs are distributed by Sea Quest and they are not offering the ATX 100 regulator in their product line up and have kept the original TX 100. You can order the newer ATX 100 from DiveInn though.

Any ideas on how to adjust the intermediate pressure on this reg??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom