apeks tx50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, the ATX50 comes with the DST first stage. The only way you can get it with a DS4 is to buy an ATX50 octo and buy a DS4 first stage seperately. You have to be kinda sneaky to do it. The octo's and the primaries are the same reg but have different colored faceplates. You can order a black faceplate if you want.

Your SPG is the only thing that screws into the HP port. The rest (primary reg, backup, BC hose, drysuit hose) plug into the LP ports.

Mike

First I apologize for coming into this thread late and then having the temerity to post without having read everyone else's posts....

But since you are all swell guys (and gals) and will understand my need to set forth my pontifications on the subject at hand:

I really like really like the DST first stage as a deco/stage regulator precisely because of the turret.... it allows the hose to fold straight down the side of the tank for storage yet swivel up and around my neck when deployed.

The 1/2" port is no big deal and I use an adapter that cost all of $5 and it only adds one static o-ring which is also no big deal. Shoot, under every one of those plugs is another static o-ring. The only o-rings that are going to give you trouble are the dynamic ones.

WOW.... thanks... I really needed that.... it will be awhile before I get back to my own computer....:D

Back
Top Bottom