• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Apeks VX1 mask questions

Discussion in 'Apeks' started by Heruhur, May 27, 2019.

1. Heruhur

Heruhur Assistant Instructor

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Is there anyone with some hands-on experience with this mask yet?
    How's the overall quality
    I'm looking for a new (black) mask to replace my transparent x-vision's and I'm interested in this mask.
    Currently I use a mares x-vision liquidskin mid size mask.
    I also have a x-vision spare which is normal size, but this one feels a bit too wide for my face.
    So the question is, how is the VX1 shaped, does it lean more towards a wider face,
    a smaller face or is is more or less avarage . . . .

Also apeks states it is italian designed and made . . . . so would it be a mares mask rebranded?

2. mucho muerto

mucho muerto Angel Fish

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Just got mine in from England. White with UV lenses. Haven't dove yet but I tried one on prior to buying. I got because I have a larger face with a mustache and beard and the skirt on the vx1 covers my face better than my Venom which I have been having some minor leak issues with around my nose.

Not sure if I helped! I don't think it is a rebrand mares but Im not familiar enough with Mares to be sure.

3. JackD342

JackD342 Dive Shop

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I can't remember the name right now, but Aqualung bought an Italian maker of masks and fins several years ago. When they buy these specialized companies they continue to let them do what they do best, so I am sure that Apeks mask is one of theirs, not Mares or anyone else.

Oh yeah, it is Technisub.

4. Fyffer

Fyffer Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    Hope they come to Canada soon

5. JackD342

JackD342 Dive Shop

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    The "regular" version in the US started shipping a few weeks ago. The UV cut version is imminent. I don't know if Canada is serviced by AL America or if there is a separate distribution network.