Apeks WSX-25/45? Versus xDeep and/or Katana?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of questions.....let me digest and I'll get back to you, also, that'll give Andy just enough time to answer everything anyways. Lol.

here are pictures inflated and uninflated. it puffs up more like a samosa when fully inflated than a beach ball.

IMG_20170717_220526.jpg IMG_20170717_220223.jpg IMG_20170717_220057.jpg

here are pictures inflated and uninflated. it puffs up more like a samosa when fully inflated than a beach ball.

Very artistic interpretation.

Indian or SE Asian samosas?

Meat, veggie or seafood filling?

What I got from your post is that there is no good way to dive a SM rig setup for steel 100s and then use AL80s occasionally, for fun, non-technical dives. The only reasonable way to SM AL80s would be to have a different rig or make significant changes to the rig's setup. Thank you for your opinion.

If you look at what the European XDeep tech/cavers are doing, you'll see that these rigs easily handle big steel and lite ali in the same configuration.

A rig like the Stealth Tec or WSX-45, set up properly with suitable loop bungees and fixed D-rings needs no changing when switching between different tanks or environments.

View attachment 418617 View attachment 418618 View attachment 418619

Inflated in ambient air and being inflated underwater are two different animals. While it may look just a tad thicker when you are in your livingroom, when you are under water that air will always try to get to the highest point and it will beachball a large air pouch that has no baffles.

Inflated in ambient air and being inflated underwater are two different animals. While it may look just a tad thicker when you are in your livingroom, when you are under water that air will always try to get to the highest point and it will beachball a large air pouch that has no baffles.

Does the Stealth Tec have baffles in it? Those keep it from doing so much of a beach ball effect?

I don't think so. I dive with a guy that has one and his even balls a bit. Not that you keep the thing pumped to max anyway. I like you, see the APEKS and the Stealth to pretty much be the same rig. Here he is in his Stealth with aluminums at the end of a dive.

Stealth.JPG

Last edited:
I don't think so. I dive with a guy that has one and his even balls a bit. Not that you keep the thing pumped to max anyway. I like you, see the APEKS and the Stealth to pretty much be the same rig. Here he is in his Stealth with aluminums at the end of a dive.

Cool. I guess I'm still waiting for @DevonDiver or someone else to give me some details on what makes the Stealth Tec wing "better" than the Apeks 45.

The shape of the bladder won't change when fully inflated though. There are three sewn points in the bladder that prevent it from exceeding a thickness of roughly 4 maybe 5 inches.

Back
Top Bottom