Apeks WTX 4 or WTX 6 wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bladesmith

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok I need some advice. 40lbs of lift or 60lbs of lift for my doubles wing? I will be diving wet 5mill, twin alum 80s this summer. Next year dry suit and steels. not sure what size steels yet. Plan on doing Tech 1 next year, so I will have the added weight of slung bottles. Thanks Rich

40 pound wing is more than ample lift for double AL80's.

James, Will 40lbs be enough next year when I go with steels and deco bottles? Thanks Richard

It depends on the tanks honestly. Some steel tanks have similar buoyancy characteristics of AL and others are much more negative. Deco tanks can be handed off to team mates or ditched if needed, so I wouldn't really worry about that too much.

James, Will 40lbs be enough next year when I go with steels and deco bottles? Thanks Richard

Assuming you are using smaller steel doubles for tech1 dives, yes. E.g. hp100s, lp85s are good for that and 40lbs is a nice size for those.

Once you get to 108s/130s 40lbs is almost universally marginal or plain old too small. Midsized doubles in the 95/119 range will probably work with 40lbs but these wings are often a bit narrow for 8" diameter tanks.

Thanks for the advice guys. I ordered the 40lb wing. Rich

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom