Apeks WTX harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kinda what I was thinking. What do you have it wrapped in? Farily comfortable? I suspect you probably don't even feel it.
It's wrapped in Butyl Flashing Tape (heres a sample link Butyl Flashing Tape ) I found a roll at my local Home Depot in the window section.

Yes, it's comfortable, you never even realize its in there. However, when I travel (by air) I take it out and toss in two - 2lb soft weights or the equivalent in ankle weights, whatever the local shop has.

Good idea. I'm looking forward to the new setup. I'm just making sure I have all the information I need before the leap. It's an expensive one

A BP is really comfortable. I was surprised the first time.

If you have a steel shop around. Here's a cheap solution, which I'm in the process of doing. (PM for CAD files, I'll do it this Saturday)
Backplate Template

You can either ask it to be laser cut then bent with a shear.

IMHO Standard Steel + Galvanizing is the cheapest and best alternative. Scuba Tanks are galvanized and they are not made of Stainless Steel.
Steel(50¢/lbs) + Galvanizing(50¢/lbs) + Labor (40$) = 46$
Stainless Steel(5$/lbs) + Labor (40$) = 70$

I love my WTX wing and a BP + a small Wing is truly a nice combo.
Apeks sells the combol BP+HARNESS+WING

Man that's awesome. I'd definitely take the cad setup when you have it. I have a steel shop right by my house. I'm assuming most steel shops have the equipment to do all that stuff? I can take the pic and the cad stuff and bring it by there. Thanks a bunch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom