Apeks WTX3 cam bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

inka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi,
i have a new WTX3 with a steel 15 Liters tank , diameter: 8.3" ( 21,3 cm) No STA .
I am having troubles finding the right lenght for the cam bands, one, a Dive Rite is really too long,(seems to be for dual tanks, i can cut it) the second too small ( this one is the "normal " size )
What cam bands do you have fitted with your wing, without STA.
Thanks for your help.

What are the lengths of your cam bands?

If using DR cam bands, and your long cam band is around 52" then it is for doubles and will be too long for a single tank, if your "normal" cam band is around 36" then it is the right length. I regularly use 7-8" tanks with standard cam bands (36") both with and without STA and have never had any issues.

DiveRite sell the two different lengths it sounds like you may have the longer one.

Tank Straps, Adapters and Weights - Dive Gear Express

Good luck.

Thanks Buddhasummer,
the longest is a Dive Rite, definitively for dual tanks. The "normal" one is 35"1/5, ( not DR) too small, the velcro is just coming out the cam,only a non velcro flap ( to help removing the velcro band )going out the cam.
The backplate has 4 slots, not 2 like other backplates.
I will make one from a piece of belt harness and see. PICT0002.JPGPICT0003.JPG

Thanks Buddhasummer,
the longest is a Dive Rite, definitively for dual tanks. The "normal" one is 35"1/5, ( not DR) too small, the velcro is just coming out the cam,only a non velcro flap ( to help removing the velcro band )going out the cam.
The backplate has 4 slots, not 2 like other backplates.
I will make one from a piece of belt harness and see.View attachment 126685View attachment 126686

I see, can you not use the two inside slots? Just out of curiosity what pate are you using? Apeks? Good luck making new ones.

The plate is an APEKS SS, the DR cam band i purchased was my mistake, i wanted 2 bands, and bought a dual cam band....
I tried lacing through 2 slots but it does not help that much, i will make a new belt from a piece of harness i just ordered and check the real lenght this plate should have with this tank.
Thanks for your help

I recommend that you use all 4 slots. Your tank will be much more stable and not swing like it's on a hinge. Our standard camband will go through all 4 slots and accommodate your 15 liter cylinder. There wont be much of a tail coming out of the buckle but that is
Ok as no tail is needed.

I did a new belt with some webbing and now it is better, size: 41", into the 4 slots of plate , and some tail to help fastening . ( belt 36" too small, 52" too long )

Problem solved.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom