Apeks XTX200 Status Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is the Apeks XTX200 Status Regulator with its self checking upon mounting computer worth the money? Has anyone use it? How does it compare to say the Legend? Thoughts? To me it is just a very fancy gizmo to create another failure point.

XTX200 is a great regulator - one of the top ones around.

However the status thing is a complete waste of time and money. It doesn't actually DO anything at all other than tell you to get it serviced - something you could decide yourself by breathing it.
Save money and get a normal XTX200 reg.

Agree 100% with String. The Status is scuba gimmickry at its worst.

You can get an intermediate pressure gauge that will attach to the wing/BCD inflator hose of your regulator, costs about $25 or less and will give you more useful information without adding unnecessary gadgets that can interfere with an otherwise great design.

But the FSR first stage on the XTX200 is a high quality regulator. I have the FST first stages on my XTX100s which are very similar and wouldn't want to be without them. Bottom line, get the XTX200 but skip the Status.

I agree that the status in not necessary. It also takes a bit of personal responsibility out of diving creating more idiots.

I use an XTX 200 with and XTX 40 octo. I also changed it to a long hose configuration with the octo bungied. PS all my LP hoses are miflex.

FSR/FST are both high quality first stages. There are tolerances in the IP anyway and if its outside that you'll know yourself via freeflow or ease of breathing - you dont need a little button to tell you this.

Its similar to the Galileo heart rate monitor - a completely useless gimmick designed to be bought by the gullible.

I use an XTX 200 with and XTX 40 octo. I also changed it to a long hose configuration with the octo bungied. PS all my LP hoses are miflex.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but how has your experience been with the Miflex hoses? Any issues with "floatiness" on the long hose?

Not a gimmic, and to ad, the XTX 200 Status has vents making it superior choice for cold water use. And as for the "computer" you don't even have to look at it, but it is great to know, if you have lots of dives in on your reg, to look at it and know your life is still not at risk is a bonus if you ask me.. All these want to be "men of men" too good for devices is a joke of a trend for false confidence. If you want the option of security and peace of mind, buy it. I did, with no regrets.. Apeks is a workhorse of a 1st stage regulator, so to add such a feature is validating peace of mind with the use of Apeks. Seems like most crap talkers just didn't have the extra dough to drop on such a device and they posted their excuses. LOL>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom