Apex XTX50 and XTX40 - which first stage to choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would you recommend the TEK3 or (ATX100, in which Apeks has discontinued production)?

I honestly can’t give you an answer. I personally don’t know of anyone who uses the Tek3. My friends prefer the FSR or PST.

Thank you all for your help!

As someone said, if I don't care about the swivel turret it all comes down to the cost.

One thing I want and I didn't know is the 5th port to have a transmitter and the analog.

If the FSR is not too much expensive than the DST, I'll buy it because of the replaceable part, otherwise I'll have the DST!

DST: 4 lp ports, option to add a 5th. 2 hp ports, turret.

DS4: 4 lp ports, no 5th port option, 1 hp port, no turret.

DST: Dry Sealed Turret
DS4: Dry Sealed (4 lp Ports)

For me the price between the two, DST and FSR, is very similar. FSR has the 5th port option, 2 hp ports, no turret but has replaceable hp crown.

DST: 4 lp ports, option to add a 5th. 2 hp ports, turret.

DS4: 4 lp ports, no 5th port option, 1 hp port, no turret.

DST: Dry Sealed Turret
DS4: Dry Sealed (4 lp Ports)

Thanks for that.

When you say that the DST is dry sealed turrent, do you mean that the 4 lp ports are not sealed?

In terms of environmental sealing to avoid contamination, do I need all ports sealed?

Back
Top Bottom