Apo Reef from Puerto Galera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pearlman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Most travel sites list Coron as the take-off point for a diving LOB to Apo Reef. If I don't want to take a flight out of Manila - Is there a LOB from Puerto Galera? What are the Cons (and Pros)?

Thanks

Yes there are liveaboards out of PG that do Apo. Flying Dolphin III is one. Just Google Apo Reef Liveaboard and you should get some options. Most will be switching to Tubbataha for the next 3 months.

Here is a video I did of the trip via land...which I won't do again, but was still fun, leaving from Puerto Galera.

Going by land is an option, it takes about 8 hours to get there, and is quite fiddly. The issue was the three hour trip to get out there, we had to cancel one day as it was too rough so only got one day out there. Still an option though as long as weather is good.

As for a liveabord from PG pretty sure the only option is the rags2 liveabord, which I've done twice with different groups (I organized them) .
Go for the around mindoro trip, which is absolutely fantastic, you do Mactan Ferry, some caves around tablas, boracay for a couple, if weather is good northern coron for the northern wreck that is in great vis, k....... Mary, forget the full name. Then 3 days in apo reef. Costs 275 USD a night fully inclusive, may have gone up a bit now. Just Google them, find their website and get in hold of Ralph who runs it who is absolutely great. Send us a message if you need other info

Jonathan Venn

If you can get on Rags by all means do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom