Apocalypse rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! That sounds too good to be true... must be 100% legit. :coffee:

Btw, I really loved the release of the culmination of years of lab research. You remember that, a guy putting an I phone in a ziplock bag and jumping into the pool in his buildings back yard to document how water reacts on cells. It was unfortunate the scientific community wouldn't recognize the hard work and results... or the jury you presented it to... or the people who paid for the 'research'...

:eek:
Screaming at the top of your lungs how relevant you are in the industry does not make you relevant.

Has anyone ever seen this rebreather on a dive?

Has anyone ever seen this rebreather on a dive?
I may have. Let me search for the PDF.

Yes I have. One of my instructors has one and dives it regularly. And he likes it.

Had a look at the facebook page and the news letter seems nearly all the UK pics are from the same diver. How many units are there in the wild?
Is the manual available online?

I just lose respect and personal interest in purchasing a CCR if it isn’t CE certified to the standard, has an obvious safety flaw like water blocked cells....etc

Could you not have added the following to your list.....

Claims to have extensive testing but starts to fall apart the moment it is released to real world divers.

Had an obvious safety flaw like a manual oxygen addition button that sticks on.

Whose manufacturers have the bald faced temerity to claim that the oxygen add sticking on does not matter because the flow is slow and the diver should be able to feel that the button is stuck on.

Which initially employed a method of end tidal CO2 measurement which multiple experts immediately recognised (and proved) would not work correctly, and whose manufacturers have failed to release any data demonstrating that their new approach works.

Whose manufacturers appear to have a marketing policy based on denigration of other rebreathers and their manufacturers, whilst still failing (after more than 10 years) to produce an iCCR rebreather that meets the high standard that they hold everyone else to.

The list could go on and on.

Strangely enough, various militaries are also looking for exactly the same thing, which is why OSEL is doing so well with their Incursion range.

Can you please name the militaries that use the Incursion?

Brad, you have thoroughly earned the levels of respect and credibility being shown to you on this thread.

Simon M

Wow. That was intense.

Yes, well, there is a lot of history and a LOT more that could be said around testing, diver training, courtroom events, misleading claims, and relationship with the industry. But at the end of the day it is the hypocrisy which gets me upset the most; the enthusiasm for pointing out faults (sometimes real, sometimes perceived) in other rebreathers whilst totally ignoring all the flaws and problems with their own (not least of which is that the unit they promised is still not available despite deposits being taken for it 10 years ago).

Simon M

Hey @Brad_Horn , since you're still on this board and active. How about you tell your mates to update their list? Until then, I would recommend hiding below 100m with your "rebreather". Especially since I see you are still promoting that "list" of garbage which you should know damn well is a lie. Weren't you there when court told you you were wrong ? o_O

P.S: Yes those rebreathers exist, one has been delivered a few years back in Switzerland, it was only 7 years late apparently (how can you be 7 years late when people can build O2 rebreathers in less than 2 days?!). And ccr #90-something was in France back in 2011. So my guess is there's maybe 500 of those running around in the wild? Do note that none of those are up to the specs that were originally claimed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom