Apollo Bio-Filter Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

curiousgeorgie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought the Bio-Filter. Can the charcoal filter be used with nitrox 32 or 36? If not, why not? I read the user instructions and nowhere does it say to remove the charcoal filter when using nitrox. It does state "Remove the charcoal filter for diving in excess of 130 feet. The system is not for use with nitrox above EAN level 40". I'm a bit confused because I've been reading posts which say to remove the charcoal filter when using nitrox.

curiousgeorgie: We recommend removing the charcoal filter when using EAN above level 40 due to the chance of a combustion hazard. There is no need to remove the charcoal filter when using EAN 32 or 36.

curiousgeorgie: We recommend removing the charcoal filter when using EAN above level 40 due to the chance of a combustion hazard. There is no need to remove the charcoal filter when using EAN 32 or 36.

Di your instructions change?

I own three of these and they all indicated to remove the charchoal filter for an Nitrox diving.

Di your instructions change?

I own three of these and they all indicated to remove the charchoal filter for an Nitrox diving.
Yes, they had an updated manual since May-07. I asked them the same question not so long ago and I was sent a new updated version of the manual.

There's no change to the depth limit though, still rated to 130ft/40m. The charcoal filter should be removed if diving more than the depth limit and over EAN 40.

Attachments

• manual-bfilterv3upd07mayc.pdf
    312.8 KB · Views: 122
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom