Apollo Bio Fin fit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Souvy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I just received a pair of the bio fins that I have been eagerly anticipating all week. I tried them on with my booties and I was wondering if they were too small. Basically, I can't really get my bootie all the way until I put the spring strap on (probably due to the friction of the bootie against the rubber). When my bootie is all the way in, the edge of the foot pocket closest to my ankle is stretched out.

I guess my question is whether it is a perfect fit or too small and whether or not repeated stretching of the foot pocket will wear it out and possibly cause it to tear. Also, as my bootie size is an 8,I fall right between the small and medium, would the medium be too loose?

Thank you very much in advance, cheers.

It sounds like they may be small, but hard to picture. I have the Biofins and they are extremely pliable, which is why people love them or hate them. Did this problem happen on land or in the water?

Souvy:
So I just received a pair of the bio fins that I have been eagerly anticipating all week. I tried them on with my booties and I was wondering if they were too small. Basically, I can't really get my bootie all the way until I put the spring strap on (probably due to the friction of the bootie against the rubber). When my bootie is all the way in, the edge of the foot pocket closest to my ankle is stretched out.

I guess my question is whether it is a perfect fit or too small and whether or not repeated stretching of the foot pocket will wear it out and possibly cause it to tear. Also, as my bootie size is an 8,I fall right between the small and medium, would the medium be too loose?

Thank you very much in advance, cheers.

Can't tell for sure w/o being there. It seems that you have a good fit. The all natural rubber "gives" and forms a comfortable seal in almost all cases. A lot depends on the boot, If you have a thick soled heavy boot you may need the medium size. The medium size will fit most divers up to 10+ male.

Again, from long distance, it seems you have the right size. If you are in NYC, both Leisure Pro and Pan Aqua stock the bio-fins.

Back
Top Bottom