Apollo Bio Tank Lock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kuma1720

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone tried using this type of tank strap.

It looks interesting enough, but don't know if worth the money. I really have not seen anyone donning one so I guess not that popular. Please let me know you opinion.
Thanks.

I've seen a few threads on it. I believe the consensus was that it was cool, but pricey. Crazy secure but standard dual cam bands are crazy secure as well.

kuma1720:

It looks interesting enough, but don't know if worth the money. I really have not seen anyone donning one so I guess not that popular. Please let me know you opinion.
Thanks.

I own three of them (mine, wife & daughter). They work very well. The people that tend to not like them as much are people who frequently switch between different diameter tanks.

For example switching between an Aluminum 80 or HP 100 and an HP 119. The Aluminum 80 and the HP 100 are 7.25 inches in diameter while an HP 119 or HP 130 are 8.00 inches in diameter.

Since I am always using either HP 100s or aluminum 80s I don't have to keep adjusting it.

The lowest price I have seen for the Bio Tank lock is from Leisure Pro. That is where I bought mine from.

kuma1720:

Thanks.

Why do you want it? If you just want a more secure grip, easier to close, etc., check out https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=43 These pads are sold 2 for $10, you only need one per BCD.

More description from another user: http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2327123&postcount=6

I know this is an older post, but I will put in my 2 cents. I just bought two of these, and they are great if you sometimes have a problem tightening your tank strap and suffer from tank slip. It really works well if you have the same tank size, takes an extra minute if you change tank sizes between dives. I will do my best not to dive without it, just one less thing to worry about(and you can get away without wetting the tank straps before attaching your tank.

Yea, the bio tank lock is pretty neat. You can tighten a strap as tight as a banjo string with very little effort. If you don't ever have a problem with tank straps slipping... don't bother. But if you can't ever seem to keep yours tight - they are a great little idea.

bought one as I seem to be an idiot when it comes to tightening cam bands and almost always at the end of the dive climbing onto the boat my tank would slip out. Works great never had the same prob again. As others have previously mentioned if you do not have a tank slip problem then dont bother with this product spend ya pennies on another cool toy...but if you do exp slipping tanks then for sure its worth the $$$$$$$$$$$$$.....

Just got one bio-tank lock 2 (08+), however after read through the whole instruction and compare to the previous version.
I found although they put a extra buckle in the new version, but the strap belt have to go under the main buckle and make it a bit difficult to put tank in.

In fact, I am looking for the tank strap of scuba pro initially, because I have a old scuba pro BCD, I found the tank strap is very handy.
However, I did not find any shop sell them separately, apollo's is the only choice when I'd like to improve my BCD tank stability.

Another thing, I found the new one can only allow the belt go through once instead of twice like old one is a faulty design.
Personally, I will take the quick buckle off, just use it as a old version way.

This thread is two years old... you could have just started a new thread! :D

IMO, the bio-tank lock fixes a problem that should not exist. If you tank is loose in the straps, adjust the straps.

If you want a more secure fit, you can buy a pad for a couple of bucks that will help with that. If you straps are worn out, buy new straps, they are not expensive.

Back
Top Bottom