Apr. 23, 2011 - <*)))><Truk Lagoon Wreck Fest ><)))*>

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

inkabodpain

Reaction score
# of dives
Apr. 23, 2011 - Giant Strides Truk Lagoon Wreck Fest
I have dived Chuuk (or Truk Lagoon as we know it) twice before and this is the best wreck diving in the world so if you are a Wreckaholic like me you will be astounded at the marine life, beauty, history and artifacts present here! These are the most colorful wrecks I have ever seen. We will be diving from the Live Aboard Dive Ship S.S. Thorfin with a Base price of $2950.00 without flight. Flight details as of now are not available as you can't book a flight more than 330 days out. We will probably leave on the 21st and get back late the 30th or May 1st. I am estimating the cost of flight according to current rates at $1850.00 and is from Boston not LAX making total cost of this trip $4800.00 (surcharge may be implemented if airfare price increases) not including tips, alcohal or $20.00 departure tax that you must pay yourself at the airport. This includes 7 days of up to 5 dives per day, meals, soft drinks, "Q" Fees, Dive permit, up to 3 32% nitrox fills per day, airport transfers, Ride to the airport from RI, accomodations(double occupancy) and diving. Tech Diving is accomodated (w/proper cert), and 80 cu ft Aluminium Doubles (manifolded) are available @ $120.00 weekly and 30 cu ft stages @ $30.00 are available for the week as well(not including O2 Fills). Most Wrecks are within recreational diving limits and are awesome with all but 4 wrecks out of 70 being beyond that. Water temps are around 85 degrees with viz from 40-100 feet. You can go to thier website here Truk Lagoon Scuba Diving and Wreck Diving aboard the SS Thorfinn In Chuuk Micronesia and check out the ship, wrecks, and any other info you could want for this trip! A non refundable $500.00 deposit holds your spot and the balance must be paid before October 1st 2010 or rates will increase for 2011. DAN insurance or equivelent is REQUIRED on this ship. IF YOU LOVE WRECKS DO NOT MISS THIS ONE!!! If you want to use air miles or reward points & make your own flight arrangements price is $2950.00 all inclusive except tips, alcohal and $20.00 departure tax that you must pay yourself at the airport upon departure. Make sure your passport is in order and has at least 8 months left before expiration at the time of the trip!!!

Contact Red for more info about coming along @
Giant Stride Dive Shop
1935 Warwick Avenue
Warwick, Rhode Island 02889
Giant Stride Dive Shop · 1935 Warwick Avenue · Warwick, Rhode Island · 02889
info@giantstridediveshop.com
401-732-8808

Apr. 23, 2011 - Giant Strides Truk Lagoon Wreck Fest
I have dived Chuuk (or Truk Lagoon as we know it) twice before and this is the best wreck diving in the world so if you are a Wreckaholic like me you will be astounded at the marine life, beauty, history and artifacts present here! These are the most colorful wrecks I have ever seen. We will be diving from the Live Aboard Dive Ship S.S. Thorfin with a Base price of $2950.00 without flight. Flight details as of now are not available as you can't book a flight more than 330 days out. We will probably leave on the 21st and get back late the 30th or May 1st. I am estimating the cost of flight according to current rates at $1850.00 and is from Boston not LAX making total cost of this trip $4800.00 (surcharge may be implemented if airfare price increases) not including tips, alcohal or $20.00 departure tax that you must pay yourself at the airport. This includes 7 days of up to 5 dives per day, meals, soft drinks, "Q" Fees, Dive permit, up to 3 32% nitrox fills per day, airport transfers, Ride to the airport from RI, accomodations(double occupancy) and diving. Tech Diving is accomodated (w/proper cert), and 80 cu ft Aluminium Doubles (manifolded) are available @ $120.00 weekly and 30 cu ft stages @ $30.00 are available for the week as well(not including O2 Fills). Most Wrecks are within recreational diving limits and are awesome with all but 4 wrecks out of 70 being beyond that. Water temps are around 85 degrees with viz from 40-100 feet. You can go to thier website here Truk Lagoon Scuba Diving and Wreck Diving aboard the SS Thorfinn In Chuuk Micronesia and check out the ship, wrecks, and any other info you could want for this trip! A non refundable $500.00 deposit holds your spot and the balance must be paid before October 1st 2010 or rates will increase for 2011. DAN insurance or equivelent is REQUIRED on this ship. IF YOU LOVE WRECKS DO NOT MISS THIS ONE!!! If you want to use air miles or reward points & make your own flight arrangements price is $2950.00 all inclusive except tips, alcohal and $20.00 departure tax that you must pay yourself at the airport upon departure. Make sure your passport is in order and has at least 8 months left before expiration at the time of the trip!!!

Contact Red for more info about coming along @
Giant Stride Dive Shop
1935 Warwick Avenue
Warwick, Rhode Island 02889
Giant Stride Dive Shop · 1935 Warwick Avenue · Warwick, Rhode Island · 02889
info@giantstridediveshop.com
401-732-8808

Looks like you will be getting there the day my groups week is up...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom