April '05 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhotoTJ:
Fortunatly, his truck has a wench. (And she is a pretty hefty wench to be able to land a 26 ft fish!)

Yeah, yeah, yeah. So I missed the shift key.

Hey, that's not nice...to be calling a wench hefty.... :11:

PhotoTJ:
Date: 4/30/05
Dive Location: Leo Carillio

SoCalAJ and I went out to try for a ling or halibut. Saw a Grey Whale and her calf as we were suiting up, took that as a good omen. A little surge-y, saw a couple Octopi, and one short ling cod. Three or four lobsters, (don't tell me they can't read a calender!), and a small horn shark. AJ got a 26' ling.

Hey TJ

Interesting, I just heard a talk last night where someone was saying that the lingcod population has dropped dramatically, the season had to be closed, and there are only small ones left, and killing smaller fish decimates the population. (Lingcod can get up to 5ft long).

I said you guys got a 26'' lingcod, and everyone thought you might have got one of the last ones! Lucky for you guys.

Scott

Well, I don't think it was the last one, I happen to know a spot where about a dozen 3' to 5' lings live, and I see them every time I dive this spot.

The season was re-opened on April 1st, I believe.

dazedone:
Upon exit, I timed my exit, but had trouble getting one of my fins off while balancing on the rocks and a 4ft. wave came while I was balancing on one foot, knocked me on my butt and ate my other fin. If anyone retrieves a Jetfin with a spring strap at marineland, contact me and I will gladly buy you a beer.
Found!

http://divevets.com/_MESSAGE001/0000001d.htm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom