Suggestion April Fools went too far

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
ohmdiver

ohmdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This past 4/1 the mods decided to allow certain controls to be turned of to help play a joke on the rest of us. (I am pointing directly at the
"Pssst...lets talk about them while they are not here" thread in Humor forum)
In a pm to me I was accusesed of personally attacking someone.

I fell for the joke and unintentionally caused someone else some pain.
For causing someone else pain I am truelly sorry.

In my pm to the person who clued me in, I asked if anyone else was asked to apologize for undue pain caused by this joke?

Does anyone else think this joke went to far? or had the potential to go too far?
Is anyone else feel any undue pain because of this "joke" thread?

H2Andy:
sure they are ... they look just like the Scottish women's weight lifting team
Och no Andy.. The Scottish wwl team looks like this
scottish_supporters03648a.jpg

Ye canny be serious!

awap:
But I'm still waiting for the "april fools" on the FL legislation.

April fools!!!!!!!!!!:D

I think I missed something...? :(

You mean that I really wasn't nominated for the sexist person on SB? :confused:

Now I will have to send back my speedo's.

Hey, try keeping up with what was going on while jet lagged out of my mind. That WAS a joke...on me.

AggieDad:
You mean that I really wasn't nominated for the sexist person on SB? :confused:

get in line, pal

timle:
Maybe because I'm a computer programmer but I saw through the trick immediately. I found it boring and childish. April 1st is full of Internet pranks that are neither funny nor clever - especially after the millionth person forwards me the joke or post Thats the problem with the internet and April Fools Day too many people involved and just gets old quick. How many ^you^ threads were started yesterday? 1-2 is funny. 10-20 is just annoying. 20+ is just sad.

I like a good joke as much as the next guy. I find it really stupid to dedicate a day to it , I ignore everything I hear April 1st. Where is the joke? Slashdot is like this too, nearly every article is a joke - so its not watch out for the joke - its all these are jokes - boring. Same thing with google every April Fools Day they have a big news release - does anyone fall for these any more?

Mein gott this non-silliness seems to be spreading..
Toastmaster: Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things.
Sir William: Thank you, gentlemen. The year has been a good one for the society. This year, our members have put more things on top of other things than ever before. But I should warn you, this is no time for complacency. No, there are still many things, and I cannot emphasize this too strongly, *not on top of other things.* I myself, on my way here, saw a thing that was not on top of another thing in any way.
[cries of "shame!']
Sir William: Shame indeed. But we must not allow ourselves to become too despondent. For we must never forget that if there was not one thing that was not on top of another thing, our society would be nothing more than a meaningless body of men that had gathered together for no good purpose. But we flourish. This year our Australasian members and the various organisations affiliated to our Australasian branches put no fewer than twenty-two things on top of other things.
[applause]
Sir William: Well done all of you. But there is one cloud on the horizon. In this last year our Staffordshire branch has not succeeded in putting one thing on top of another.
[more cries of "shame!]
Sir William: Therefore I call upon our Staffordshire delegate to explain this weird behaviour.
Cutler: [timidly] Er, Cutler, Staffordshire. Um... well... Mr Chairman, it's just that most of the members in Staffordshire feel... the whole thing's a bit... silly.
[cries of outrage]
Sir William: Silly? SILLY?
[pauses and thinks]
Sir William: Silly! I suppose it is, a bit. What have we been doing wasting our lives with all this nonsense? Right, meeting adjourned for ever.

Ummm, this was last week. Can it die now?
Hey! How come I still have the same icon?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom