April in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

old gaffer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Counting the days down to my arrival in Cozumel on the 10th of April staying til the 18th at the Cozumel Palace. Diving with Blue XTSea and really looking forward to diving with Christy and her op which gets great reviews here on ScubaBoard.

I have booked daily two tank dives Sunday the 11th through Friday the 16th with a night dive in there somewhere. Question for you seasoned divers, was thinking that maybe I should not do a two tank on the day I do the night dive or perhaps doing 3 that day and skipping the next days two tank to do some off-gassing. I plan on diving nitrox on my second tank each day and then if neccesary on each dive as the week goes on. Any opinions?

Really looking forward to the trip!

Gaffer

Myself being no more seasonsed than you probably (150 and counting with 100 of them on Cozumel) but my night dives in Cozumel "normally" are not much more than 35 ft. so should not be a problem for you to dive the next day. I believe I have read on here that BXTC does not like to get to far south on the night dives. So more than likely Paradise Reef for the night dive. But send her a message to ask. If you dive a computer just follow its lead. And also use your on judgement.

Have fun

That's pretty much it. Your night dive will be shallow enough so that you will not add significant nitrogen. IMO, nitrox is not necessary. Just watch your computer.

I assume you are going to be doing two morning dives. If so, you will have at least 6 hours (probably more) between your second dive and your night dive. Plenty of time to off gas. I also wouldn't be concerned with diving the next day, plenty of time to off gas. Especially using nitrox.

The 3 posters above are dead on. You will have plenty of time for off gassing. The issue might be that you are tired after diving every single day but that really depends on you. Some folks will dive 3 and 4 tanks a day no prob. I have done as many as 6 in a day but that did leave me a little tired for sure. I sure do like a pm nap after an early morning trip. The Nitrox is just a security blanket for most divers. Rarely are you really pushing deco limits unless you have a really conservative computer like a Suunto ect and are really good on your air consumption. :D

Thanks Tony: Yea I do have a Suunto Gekko and during my last trip I was diving the same profile as the rest of my group on the second day when I went past my deco limit and had to do a 7 minute saftey stop while everybody else was fine and only had to do a standard 3 minute saftety stop. Some of the others were using Sunnto's as well so we checked mine it it was set to the most conservative setting. Changed that and though my previous dives were factored in I was able to dive with everone else as the week went on.

Gaffer

Thanks Tony: Yea I do have a Suunto Gekko and during my last trip I was diving the same profile as the rest of my group on the second day when I went past my deco limit and had to do a 7 minute saftey stop while everybody else was fine and only had to do a standard 3 minute saftety stop. Some of the others were using Sunnto's as well so we checked mine it it was set to the most conservative setting. Changed that and though my previous dives were factored in I was able to dive with everone else as the week went on.

Gaffer

Another factor about the GEKKO is that it will penalize you if you do not do a full 60 minute surface interval.

Old gaffer you will be fine. I use a Gekko too so I ran into the deco problems as well on my dives, the Nitrox should take care of that. I have dove with Blue XT twice now and am planning a 3rd trip in May, they are great you will have a good time.

Any other Scubaboarders gonna be in Cozumel in April? I am going to be there the 10th - 18th. Diving with BlueEXTsea.

Gaffer

I Will be there April 20 thru the 27th with my dive buddy son, Chris. Staying at Suites Bahia and diving with Aldora.

turk9

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom